No announcement yet.

P4P who ranks higher all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
    In order to be Ranked All time one must at least achieve something great (Win a world title) Or beat someone ranked All Time when they are anything like Prime.

Conn did neither, RJJ did both.

Conn's best win was over a Young Corbert at the very end of his career.
    Conn was the lightheavyweight champion of the world and beat Freddie Apostoli when he was considered one of if not the best p4p fighter in the world. On top of that he consistently fought better op than Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Conn was the lightheavyweight champion of the world and beat Freddie Apostoli when he was considered one of if not the best p4p fighter in the world. On top of that he consistently fought better op than Roy.
      I pick RJJ because he'd beat Conn and Conn's opponents silly. If RJJ fought in that era, he'd retire w/ his 0 intact.

Comment

Originally posted by BOX-A-LOT View Post
        I pick RJJ because he'd beat Conn and Conn's opponents silly. If RJJ fought in that era, he'd retire w/ his 0 intact.
        Really? Can you offer ANY proof of this?

Comment

Didn't realize this, but as of 2007 "The Ring" magazine had Billy Conn ranked 31st all time While Roy Jones was at 46. Hmmmm!

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            I see a few people voting, but nobody is willing to offer any reasons. Why is that fella's?
            Conn had an alright career his fight with the brown bomber reminds me of Taylor and Froch where one man was leading the whole fight and got to carried away and got starched. hE WAS FAST BUT NO WHERE THE CALIBER FROM WHAT IVE SEEN THAT JONES WAS. Jones bar none at his peak could have competed with ray leonard, ray robinson and all of the other great MW. I feel he was the greatest talent ive ever seen in his prime. What I mean by talent is his speed and overall athletic ability. This also handicapped him from learning and leaning on the basics that all fighters need as they get older. His jab was more of a dont make me use than an actual punch. I believe when he threw it pUNCH Stat didn't even count it. His movement and famed legs have derailed him in the past few years which show him leaning on the ropes alot putting himself in danger. His biggest mistake may have been to drain himself from Heavyweight to LHW and lose all of his muscle mass to fight an overrated Taver.

Comment

Originally posted by EMACULATE View Post
              Conn had an alright career his fight with the brown bomber reminds me of Taylor and Froch where one man was leading the whole fight and got to carried away and got starched. hE WAS FAST BUT NO WHERE THE CALIBER FROM WHAT IVE SEEN THAT JONES WAS. Jones bar none at his peak could have competed with ray leonard, ray robinson and all of the other great MW. I feel he was the greatest talent ive ever seen in his prime. What I mean by talent is his speed and overall athletic ability. This also handicapped him from learning and leaning on the basics that all fighters need as they get older. His jab was more of a dont make me use than an actual punch. I believe when he threw it pUNCH Stat didn't even count it. His movement and famed legs have derailed him in the past few years which show him leaning on the ropes alot putting himself in danger. His biggest mistake may have been to drain himself from Heavyweight to LHW and lose all of his muscle mass to fight an overrated Taver.
              I agree with all of this. But that being said, Roy still didn't beat more overall better fighters than Conn did so I can't see any logical way to rank him higher.

Now if we're talking just raw talent.....forget about it, Roy wins hands down. But greatness is determined by talent, but by who you've actually beaten. In that department I think Conn edges him.

Comment

Come on ladies, its 11-0 but none of you are making any arguments. Tell me why Roy should rank higher instead of just voting and running away.

Comment

Conn fought 10 or 11 hall of famers. I see 8, maybe 9 guys who will get in off Roys resume.

Comment

Enough said.

Comment

Jab, can you tell me why one of the names on Conn's resume - Lee Savold, held the British and EBU heavyweight titles?

Comment

Working...
                      X