No announcement yet.

DIY gel knuckle pads?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY gel knuckle pads?

Im pretty new to boxing, I go 3 times a week, all womens class. Its not a girly type britney spears type class however thank god. Ive been going a month now. I Recently switched to the mexican style handwraps from the regular cotton.

My question is regarding making my own gel knuckle inserts. I know some people like the Knuckle pads, and some are against them.

If you are for them, and advice on how to make your own?

If you are against them, why is that?
    Last edited by Rockwellblonde; 12-21-2010, 08:14 PM.

Originally posted by Rockwellblonde View Post
    Im pretty new to boxing, I go 3 times a week, all womens class. Its not a girly type britney spears type class however thank god. Ive been going a month now. I Recently switched to the mexican style handwraps from the regular cotton.

My question is regarding making my own gel knuckle inserts. I know some people like the Knuckle pads, and some are against them.

If you are for them, and advice on how to make your own?

If you are against them, why is that?
    You can make a knuckle pad by using either half or an entire roll of gauze, by wrapping the whole thing around your knuckles and under the knuckles (palm) to create it. Then, slide your hand out of it to put the completed padding on top of knuckles (you don't want to use it while half of the padding is on the opposite side of your knuckles, under the palm, because there would be way too much padding there, and you will not be able to make a fist).

go to www.ringside.com , and search for "gauze".

or you can buy the Winning NG-2 gel knuckle guards, a favorite among many top pros, and myself:

http://winning-usa.com/extraitems.html
    it costed me $18 shipped, and I live in Nevada.

or you can try Ringside's new gel knuckle guard:

http://www.ringside.com/Gel-Knuckle-...uctinfo/GELKG/

and by the way, if you live in the U.S., the free shipping code still works for Ringside.com . the code is NSF1

Comment

I'm for them. Make them the way boxingsmash said.

Put up some pics so we can assess how big your hands are in proportion to the rest of your body. That is a factor in the preparation of the knuckle pads.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
        I'm for them. Make them the way boxingsmash said.

Put up some pics so we can assess how big your hands are in proportion to the rest of your body. That is a factor in the preparation of the knuckle pads.
        lol I was just waiting for the beasting to occur. For real though, I used to use the Everlast gel wraps (girlfriend uses them now) in the past and they provided great protection for the knuckles but not much on the wrists. If you want to make something yourself I would just place sponges under the knuckle portion of your handwraps. Hopefully you got the 180'' wraps.

Comment

Go to kitchen sink, take dish sponge. Cut in half. When you wrap your knuckles, wrap half a sponge onto each hand over the big knuckles. This might be all you need

Comment

have to make 15 posts first. blah

Pics on next page
            Last edited by Rockwellblonde; 12-21-2010, 10:52 PM.

Comment

---------------------
              --------------

Comment

--------------
                -------------have to do this until i hit 15-

Comment

-------------have to do this until i hit 15-
                  -----------