Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breakdown of Lomachenko's flaws (with gifs)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakdown of Lomachenko's flaws (with gifs)

This is for all the people who were surprised than me and other members were not impressed with Lomachenko's pro debut. Here's a gif breakdown of his flaws :

Stationary upper body, easy to hit with bodyshots, particularly the right hook to the body which Ramirez landed almost everytime :

Notice he threw the uppercut from too far away and then covered up as he got countered with a combination. Here he makes the same mistake again :

Doesn't move his head after he's done throwing and gets caught :

Another example :

Lack of accuracy (3 punches thrown, none landed) :

Lack of accuracy again (steps in with a half ass jab) :

Goes back in straight line, lets his opponent get inside without making him pay :

And again :

Now I'm not saying he's a bad fighter, he has some skill and he looks more polished than Shiming and even Khan at this stage of his career. His performance was good but not great, there was no wow factor as far as I'm concerned. If you think I'm being too harsh, keep in mind people are talking about him like he's a future top P4P fighter, so I'm judging him by that standard.

Comment

This guy phuk your wife or something?

Comment

People will just call you a hater or some other lame excuse, but the fact is he's really good but he's not ready for Rigo or close to his level. Not today not tomorrow, maybe in a few years

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Lack of accuracy (3 punches thrown, none landed) :

Lack of accuracy again (steps in with a half ass jab) :

Goes back in straight line, lets his opponent get inside without making him pay :

And again :

Now I'm not saying he's a bad fighter, he has some skill and he looks more polished than Shiming and even Khan at this stage of his career. His performance was good but not great, there was no wow factor as far as I'm concerned. If you think I'm being too harsh, keep in mind people are talking about him like he's a future top P4P fighter, so I'm judging him by that standard.
          It was an impressive debut against a fairly experienced kid, and it was scheduled for 10. That said, there's a big chance he's not ready for Salido or the other top guys. He certainly showed flaws, even while he did certainly show plenty of skill.

He's not nearly Rigo's level at this point.
          Last edited by samouraï; 10-13-2013, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jupiter Maximus View Post
            This guy phuk your wife or something?
            lol thats too much

Comment

I agree with the TS, this kid is very good but need to iron lots of mkistakes. IF Salido is not paid off, he should upset the apple cart and stop this dude.

The notion that he can compete with Rigo is ridiculous. Rigo will make him look like an idiot!!

Comment

Really nitpicking. I see a nice high defensive guard and he keeps his elbows tucked in his side

Comment

I'm interested in his career and how it turns out. I think this is a good break down. He'll most likely get better. Pro and amateurs are different, he has to get used to it.

Comment

salido gonna tap dat azz

Comment

Working...
                    X