No announcement yet.

boxing with big hands vs small hands.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boxing with big hands vs small hands.

Ive seen this topic being debated before and it seems like theres 2 sides. One saying big hands =more power and one side saying smaller hands is power distributed through a smaller surface= more power

Heres my input, imagine two men equal in wieght and physical fitness, one guy with big boulders for fists and the other guy with swords for fists...both men are equal in power but the person with smaller hands will do more damage like swelling and cuts with more speed...the person with bigger hands will have more force behind his punch as his punches are heavier and have more momentum ... Its basically assault rifle vs shotgun, with small hands best punches being jabbing punches and straights whilst big hands best punches wud be hooks and upper cuts.

Also be reminded that power depends on a persons physical ability and wieght.. Hands are only conveyers of the power.

thanks for reading

Sounds like you've never competed before

Comment

Originally posted by AyoMaDu View Post
      Sounds like you've never competed before
      How so?? Ive not said anything to indicate wether i compete or not.

Comment

Because when you compete and fight you realize body proportions don't have anything to do with absolutely anything. Big hands or small hands don't guarantee anything. Just like muscular vs slim and lean don't mean anything when competing in the same weight class. There are small frame fighters knocking out people or getting RSC's against tons of people and there are muscular big frame fighters who couldnt squash a grape. The fact that you would say that proves you haven't competed. That's one of the first things you learn.

Comment

Originally posted by AyoMaDu View Post
          Because when you compete and fight you realize body proportions don't have anything to do with absolutely anything. Big hands or small hands don't guarantee anything. Just like muscular vs slim and lean don't mean anything when competing in the same weight class. There are small frame fighters knocking out people or getting RSC's against tons of people and there are muscular big frame fighters who couldnt squash a grape. The fact that you would say that proves you haven't competed. That's one of the first things you learn.
          Funny...u say body perportions have nothing to do with anything yet they make different wieght classes because of portions in wieght..of course its goin to be equal as possible in the same wieght classes...body perportions do effect fights as more wieght equals more force, arm length and tallness all effect a fight aswell, it would be unfair for a 160 lbs person to fight a 260 lbs person...

i was simply stating the physics behind the two sides as physics are logic and fact awhich to my knowledge logic, numbers and facts can be used to determine anything in this universe, i was not accounting for technique or skill.

If anything it sounds like you have never competed
          Last edited by Sweetscience92; 07-05-2012, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetscience92 View Post
            Funny...u say body perportions have nothing to do with anything yet they make different wieght classes because of portions in wieght..of course its goin to be equal as possible in the same wieght classes...body perportions do effect fights as more wieght equals more force, arm length and tallness all effect a fight aswell, it would be unfair for a 160 lbs person to fight a 260 lbs person...

i was simply stating the physics behind the two sides as physics are logic and fact awhich to my knowledge logic, numbers and facts can be used to determine anything in this universe, i was not accounting for technique or skill.

If anything it sounds like you have never competed
            Thought both fighters were the same weight not 160 and 260?

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
              Thought both fighters were the same weight not 160 and 260?
              Lol wow what I was implying when i said that, was perportions do matter and affect a fight. My example i gave with small hands vs big hands was made, taking into account that you would understand that the 2 guys are the same wieght but their wieght being distributed differently.

Did u even bother reading any of my posts?? Lol, are u guys just bustin my balls cuz im new around here?? Cuz nit picking is not very contributing when it doesnt challenge my conclusions.
              Last edited by Sweetscience92; 07-06-2012, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetscience92 View Post
                Lol wow what I was implying when i said that, was perportions do matter and affect a fight. My example i gave with small hands vs big hands was made, taking into account that you would understand that the 2 guys are the same wieght but their wieght being distributed differently.

Did u even bother reading my intial post?? Lol
                so since you said both fighters are the same weight then body proportions dont matter.

it seems your argument to this is if body proportions dont matter why do boxers have weight classes, but youve allready pointed out that both fighters are the same weight, so this is just a stupid point to make especially since it contradicts what youve allready said.
                Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 07-06-2012, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                  so since you said both fighters are the same weight then body proportions dont matter.

it seems your argument to this is if body proportions dont matter why do boxers have weight classes, but youve allready pointed out that both fighters are the same weight, so this is just a stupid point to make especially since it contradicts what youve allready said.
                  well obviously the examples i gave are extreme opposites to help you better understand the physics...of course the hand sizes between two equally weighed fighters arent going to differ that much. As stated before the bigger handed person will have more force to their punches the smaller handed person would have faster handspeed, and more penetration damage. But less force...but again handsize between 2 fighters of the same wieght class wouldnt differ that much to where it would give a person a clear advantage, but it is somthing that should be taken into account.

I also pointed out that arm length and tallness affect a fight as well. Weight isnt everything but does play a major factor in fighting...whilst other things like hand size, arm length, and tallness play a smaller factor in fighting. But still do play a factor none the less.
                  Last edited by Sweetscience92; 07-06-2012, 01:09 AM.

Comment

This is a good article .Styles make fights .
                    http://www.rossboxing.com/thegym/thegym13.htm

Comment

Working...
                    X