No announcement yet.

any tips to brittle hands

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any tips to brittle hands

I got two things against, I have bad wrist they open really easly (I need to really wrap them tight). Also mi fingers hurt and the get almost like freezed. All this happens when I go hard on the heavy bag.

Any tips.

I got some grant gloves and they are perfect for the wrist protection. But I need to get some bag gloves I used to have some ringside IMF protection and I would feel the difference when hitting the bag. My dog destroyed those.

you're probably just wrapping up too tight, either that or you should probably just take up golf........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      you're probably just wrapping up too tight, either that or you should probably just take up golf........Rockin'
      My wrist and elbow hurts pretty bad after 18holes. So that might not be a viable option.

There is a good chance its a hand wrap issue though. I'd suggest having someone with similar problems wrap your hands, see if they might have some different techniques that help. Also warm up your wrists and massage your hands a bit before hitting the bags and see if that helps.

I thought I had weak wrists and hands for quite awhile, turned out I was just wrapping my hands in such a way that my hands were fine but my wrists lacked proper support.

Also you could see a sports medicine Dr and see if there is an underlying issue, (unhealed sprains, fractures, various vitamin defeciancies etc etc)

most likely its just a wrap and/or glove issue. If you have weak hands, you're going to have to spend more money getting proper gear.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
        My wrist and elbow hurts pretty bad after 18holes. So that might not be a viable option.

There is a good chance its a hand wrap issue though. I'd suggest having someone with similar problems wrap your hands, see if they might have some different techniques that help. Also warm up your wrists and massage your hands a bit before hitting the bags and see if that helps.

I thought I had weak wrists and hands for quite awhile, turned out I was just wrapping my hands in such a way that my hands were fine but my wrists lacked proper support.

Also you could see a sports medicine Dr and see if there is an underlying issue, (unhealed sprains, fractures, various vitamin defeciancies etc etc)

most likely its just a wrap and/or glove issue. If you have weak hands, you're going to have to spend more money getting proper gear.

Its not just in boxing, but yeah Im starting to think a doctor is the answer

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          I rather mess up my hands lol

Comment

Originally posted by THE_FORKLIFT View Post
            I rather mess up my hands lol
            Don't knock golf till you tried it.... It's a fun game. Fresh air... grumpy old bastards getting mad when you hold up the game cause you're always looking for your ball in the trees...

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
              Don't knock golf till you tried it.... It's a fun game. Fresh air... grumpy old bastards getting mad when you hold up the game cause you're always looking for your ball in the trees...
              Ive gone to those places where you hit the ball as hard as you can and naw I didnt like it that much I rather play pool or ping pong its to passive for me

Comment

Have you tried any methods for conditioning your hands? Cos I know many people don't seem to do this.

Andre Ward consistently digs his hands (fingertips first) into a tub of rice to strengthen his hands. It's an old technique that martial artists do.

There's other ways too, but that's probably the method that's least stressful to your hands.

Comment

bro im in the same situation too. only gloves i can use are grants. i wasted so much money on different gloves (everlast protex2, ringside imf, title gloves, triumph gloves) and while the knuckle part is great, the wrist support sucks. but i have weak wrists and whats really been helping me is doing rice grabs. i rarely have pains anymore. highly reccomend

Comment

Gloves,Wraps & Ice

These are the best bag gloves trust me these things are like pillows.

-New Hayabusa 16oz Gloves - Kanpeki 2.0 Elite Series MMA Bag Training - Brown

-The best wraps in my opinion are the built to fight 180cm.

-Ice your hands pretty much every night get some fish oil and triflex from GNC.

-Youtube hand strength drills and you should be fine..

-If your hands are messed up don't go to the gym the next day and hit the heavy back just work on the speed bags and techniques cause if it hurts that bad your body needs to heal.

That's just my opinion cause i deal with this stuff a lot...cause down the road you don't want severe arthritis..

Comment

Working...
                    X