Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What excuse does Anthony Joshua have for fighting these cans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Yes, I agree, under normal circumstances haye would win. But im talking about a haye coming back from injury, and would haye take AJ as his first comeback fight from injury?

Is AJ too good for a comeback fight for Haye?
    I think even a semi-injured Haye (which I think he is, or he'd have been back by now) is an absolute nightmare for anyone with as little experience as Joshua. A fast mover and lethal counter puncher would take him apart. No criticism of Joshua - I don't think you learn to beat that style in 11 early fights.

Comment

People are seriously complaining about Anthony Joshua's opposition now? Seriously? Is complaining the only thing you guys have to do? At all? WTF?

Comment

He started his professional career year and a half ago.

Comment

Who did Lennox Lewis fight his first 11 pro fights? Also, Joshua is fighting Kevin Johnson next.
          Last edited by Weltschmerz; 04-05-2015, 03:50 AM.

Comment

I think this fight had little to nothing to do with Joshua. Hearn needed to bulk up an extremely weak card and Joshua vs. a bum is perfect way to do it.

Added bonus is it gets rid of ring rust before fighting a better opponent and gives them an opportunity to hype the Johnson fight a bit more.

If he wasn't fighting often then I could understand people being annoyed, but he's had a crap load of fights in his first few years.

Comment

Originally posted by AliBombaye View Post
              What excuse does Anthony Joshua have for fighting these cans?

Beterbiev has less fights and has fought better competition, Hearn needs to get him some guys with a pulse at least.
              Joshua has the same excuse that Wilder had...

Comment

Originally posted by AliBombaye View Post
                Beterbiev has less fights and has fought better competition, Hearn needs to get him some guys with a pulse at least.
                Beterbiev had a far longer amateur career and has been in the sport for a much, much longer time.

Joshua is still developing and will be fighting Johnson in his 12th pro fight, that's not so bad.

Comment

Knock over bums until you become Klitschko's mandatory.

That is the standard business plan of today's heavyweights.

Comment

He only took up boxing like 6 year ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X