Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst chin - Erik Morales, Roy Jones Jr or Mike Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    Tyson was knocked out 5 times, Morales 3 times and Roy Jones 4 times.. But who had the worst chin?
    obviously you know nothing about tyson. the last few don't count as he was done. tyson had a rock solid chin...he took punches from lennox lewis that would have flattened any HW...SMH

Comment

Dont complain. Most of you that are outraged by this thread are probably the reason people think like this.

I'll bet most of you have previously said Roy Jones has a glass chin. So just like you lot, this guy is doing the same.

None of you gave a **** when you were so quick to call Roy Jones chin a glass chin. You didn't bother to actually watch his fights and see that he never got KO'd till he hit 35, coming down from Heavyweight. None of you bothered to look at the many clean bombs he took on his chin in his prime without going down(once) or getting KO'd. Yet you were so quick to label him glass chinned after he get's KO'd a few times from age 35 onwards.

So when people like Morales and Tyson who had undoubtebly solid chins, get labelled weak chinned, dont complain, your a part of the reason why utterly moronic threads like these are being started.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post

Dont complain. Most of you that are outraged by this thread are probably the reason people think like this.

I'll bet most of you have previously said Roy Jones has a glass chin. So just like you lot, this guy is doing the same.

None of you gave a **** when you were so quick to call Roy Jones chin a glass chin. You didn't bother to actually watch his fights and see that he never got KO'd till he hit 35, coming down from Heavyweight. None of you bothered to look at the many clean bombs he took on his chin in his prime without going down(once) or getting KO'd. Yet you were so quick to label him glass chinned after he get's KO'd a few times from age 35 onwards.

So when people like Morales and Tyson who had undoubtebly solid chins, get labelled weak chinned, dont complain, your a part of the reason why utterly moronic threads like these are being started.
        Who are you talking to?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post

i agree but out of the 3 i'd say roys was the weakest but only after he came down from HW & was past his best. all 3 had solid chins especially tyson. morales was in so many wars eventually his resistance would go & roy just wasn't the same after ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
            Who are you talking to?
            To the ******s who say Roy Jones had a glass chin.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              i agree but out of the 3 i'd say roys was the weakest but only after he came down from HW & was past his best. all 3 had solid chins especially tyson. morales was in so many wars eventually his resistance would go & roy just wasn't the same after ruiz.
              Out of the 3, you could definitely make a point that Roy's chin was the weakest but that does by no means show RJJ had a weak chin, all 3 had solid chin's in their prime.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
                The second fight was very much prime Morales. It wasn't until after Manny destroyed him that people said he was truely done. The loss to Raheem was considered an upset against a much bigger opponent and Erik being too small. Manny effectively ended the prime of Morales. I loved watching both guys fight and if we had those type of wars still being shown boxing would be in a better place.
                Don't be daft. He had won one fight in two years and didn't win another fight until four years later. If that isn't the definition of past prime then nothing is.

He lost to Barrera, and didn't look the same and everyone said he was done already. He then lost to Raheem, who wasn't much bigger at all, by complete and utter domination, getting the breaks beaten off him and that well and truly signalled the end for him. It was only then that the Pac fight got signed and done. He, as can be seen by his legs not working, was well past his best in the 2nd fight.

To say anything else is a clear sign of delusion or ******ation.

Comment

Originally posted by esl_4_u View Post
                  Mike Tyson was never put to sleep. He didn't have the fight in him in 4 of 5 of the KO's...he basically quit on his butt. The others have been put to sleep and/or totally discombobulated. Tyson shouldn't even be in this survey. Holyfield has been put sleep; Lennox has gone to sleep; Rahman has been to sleep; Holmes has been put to sleep; Shannon Briggs has been put to sleep; Fernando Vargas; and tons of other good/great fighters.
                  Ummmmmmmm......

Comment

I'm glad some of you understood the question, there were one or two people who assumed I said "glass chin". No, I said worst chin out of those 3 boxers. Big difference kids.

Comment

Originally posted by injun View Post
                      Thank you very much. It means a lot coming from Japanese boxing analyst such as you!

Yep. I watched Morales/Pac 1 last night, and damn I forgot how many flush shots Erik ate and just kept coming forward and throwing hands. Incredible chin.
                      well they did make pac wear those winning gloves...second fight pac used his cleto reyes and stopped morales.

Comment

Working...
                      X