Collapse
No announcement yet.

Southpaw Combinations ,HELP!! ASAP!!...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southpaw Combinations ,HELP!! ASAP!!...

Hi guys .. can you post here some of southpaw combinations that are effective (eg drills for punch mitts ,heavy bags and in actual fight) ?

Originally posted by Right2TheTemple View Post
    Hi guys .. can you post here some of southpaw combinations that are effective (eg drills for punch mitts ,heavy bags and in actual fight) ?
    well i can tell u this...if the guy u fight is orthodox and he knows anything bout fighting a southpaw b prepaired to stop left hooks and right str8's know thats not what ur asken for here but i'd work on the D a lil bit knowing those punches are gon b comen at ya in plenty..not being a southpaw dont wanna give u combos jus yet without referring to my coach first lol dont wanna give wrong or bad advice

Comment

Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
      well i can tell u this...if the guy u fight is orthodox and he knows anything bout fighting a southpaw b prepaired to stop left hooks and right str8's know thats not what ur asken for here but i'd work on the D a lil bit knowing those punches are gon b comen at ya in plenty..not being a southpaw dont wanna give u combos jus yet without referring to my coach first lol dont wanna give wrong or bad advice
      Yeah .. definitely i need combinations of southpaw vs orthodox ...coz i know how to fight vs a southpaw ..becoz im a ex-orthodox ! LOL
      pls pls ask your coach ! LOL
      my coach sucks teaching a southpaw i think haha !

Comment

Originally posted by Right2TheTemple View Post
        Yeah .. definitely i need combinations of southpaw vs orthodox ...coz i know how to fight vs a southpaw ..becoz im a ex-orthodox ! LOL
        pls pls ask your coach ! LOL
        my coach sucks teaching a southpaw i think haha !
        no probs i'll b seeing him tomorrow morn i'll ask..he a orthodox fighter but he's also an active pro who's been round for a long time and knows a lot

Comment

I know you need to do a pacman and try and finish some with a hook, which will give you the momentum to turn and be able to attack from another angle.

Watch Winky/Whitaker/Some Calzaghe... A little bit of Ortiz.

I'm trying to switch southpaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Meth-TICAL View Post
            I know you need to do a pacman and try and finish some with a hook, which will give you the momentum to turn and be able to attack from another angle.

I'm trying to switch southpaw.

theyre all southpaws winky/whitaker/calzaghe ??? yeah i know Ortiz is a converted southpaw ..

Comment

you could also watch some hagler

Comment

One of my favorites and pretty basic combos is starting with a jab, fake a left cross and snap a right hook to the body with the elbow down. That can be followed pretty nicely with an actual left cross, comes natural as you move your torso then end it with a jab or a right hook to the face, elbow up if I feel it's safe enough to do so. I ussualy end most of my combos with the leading hand. Keeps you in a better defensive position.
                Last edited by Freelancer; 04-05-2010, 11:54 AM.

Comment

right hook to the body, come right back with a right uppercut to the head and snap a hard left cross to the head.
                  My fav combo

Comment

fabio that an ill combo... see i always here coaches and some fighters tell the orthodox fighter right hand leads.. that works but to me and my experiences it goes both ways its a mirror image

Comment

Working...
                    X