Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder is a ko waiting to happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been saying this, but these tough fights are making him better. No doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      His punches do look tighter and he strings them together better,but his defense is horrible,,
      he didnt get hit much imo his opponent just wouldnt go down its hard to fight those kind of guys, he looked pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        He has a strange style and punching technique. I have seen him throw punches with both feet off the ground. I can't remember a champion that did that. He has fast hands and punching power but everything he throws is so wide. He winds up his punches before he throws them.
        I think he throws wide to get around the guard. He could go the body more to drop his opponents hands..

Comment

I just think that Wilder is much more difficult to really deal with than people make out.

Sure it is easy to say that guy is wide open go tap that chin, against a highly offensive fighter that hits hard as hell with miles of range that is not an easy target to reach no matter how inviting it may seem.

Not that it can't be done even by someone not that good because all it can take is one good shot at heavy to fell a much better fighter. Which works in Wilder's favor most of the time, but it can just as easily cost him.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            He has a strange style and punching technique. I have seen him throw punches with both feet off the ground.
            Sounds like something Naseem Hamed would do.

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
              I think he throws wide to get around the guard. He could go the body more to drop his opponents hands..
              His wide punches are accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                Hands down,chin high...it will end brutally very soon
                Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                the wide looping punches make me cringe...Wilder is fortunate to be in a such a crap era of HWs that he is able to create some kind of buzz for himself

if this were the 90s or early 2000s, there would be no Deontay Wilder
                Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                He is an offensive minded fighter and he is best when he is out to get the other guy.

He will eventually get got first, that is how it goes and that is pretty much how it was always going to be for him.

He could knock out Povetkin then Wlad and then get knocked out himself against a relative unknown, is that still a bad outcome?
                He gets stretched out by either....
                Yea wait until he stops fighting bartenders
                Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
                How Wilder has gotten this far undefeated already is mind baffling.
                Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
                Joshua is all wrong for Wilder.

Huge guy, long reach, cuts off the ring well, and explosive combinations.
                Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
                For real...

A guy like Lamon Brewster would give him fits
                A few months later he mentioned Joshua and suddenly became the best thing since sliced bread. Larryxx.. with his classic flip flopping.

Comment

Some years later and still not a dent in the fender.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel Osteen View Post
                    Some years later and still not a dent in the fender.
                    Haters gonna hate.

Comment

No doubt he can be knocked out and his defense is splintered at best but he won’t get stopped like Joshua got stopped. Wilder has incredible stamina, he would be fine going 15 rounds and there are few today who could say that.

Comment

Working...
                      X