Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Of Herol Grahem Stood Any Chance At Beating Hagler?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Of Herol Grahem Stood Any Chance At Beating Hagler?

When Grahem was Hagler number one contender in 87? Could Grahem upset a slipping Marvin?

Not sure about beating him,but he could have made him look very bad

Comment

I think at that stage of Haglers career it is a definite possibility, I still thank Hagler would eventually grind out a SD due to his relentlessness in the early rounds but, it would be an extrememly tough night. Prime for Prime Hagler wins middle-late TKO in my opinion though.

Comment

Could Mike McCallum upset a slipping Hagler...if yes then so could Herol Graham in fact looking back Graham may well have made Hagler look terrible and won a landslide decision.

Comment

I think in their primes Hagler would have hurt Graham bad. Around he time Hagler retired and when Graham at his best he might have been more competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
            I think in their primes Hagler would have hurt Graham bad. Around he time Hagler retired and when Graham at his best he might have been more competitive.
            it was virtually impossible to put a glove on Herol Graham back then, Hagler may well have landed the odd punch here and there but no-way would he be landing two and three punches in a row.. Hagler was never a KO puncher he won his fights by grinding down his opponents and i don't see him doing that to Herol Graham back then... Hagler was the fashionable fighter back then and Graham wasn't, yet it would have been a very interesting fight to watch

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
              it was virtually impossible to put a glove on Herol Graham back then, Hagler may well have landed the odd punch here and there but no-way would he be landing two and three punches in a row.. Hagler was never a KO puncher he won his fights by grinding down his opponents and i don't see him doing that to Herol Graham back then... Hagler was the fashionable fighter back then and Graham wasn't, yet it would have been a very interesting fight to watch
              I mean no offence to Graham, but in his prime Hagler was an exceptional boxer and showed it at the top of the weight class for years. The brawler that nearly murdered Hearns was even then far from his prime. Graham was outboxed by Kalambay(who was a real good boxer but no where near Hagler's class).
              Graham, though he gave McCallum fits, had a much rougher time with dangerous punchers(which McCallum was far from). Hagler might have been a better puncher than you give him credit for. Tony Sibson and Mustafa Hamsho had terrific chins and were very good fighters.
              Thats how I see it anyways.
              Last edited by TBear; 12-02-2010, 04:00 AM.

Comment

its a good point that if the bodysnatcher could of its a good bet that graham also had a good chance the only difference being that grahams chin although not glass was not as good as the bodysnatcher's, that said graham would of been harder to hit than the bodysnatcher but i see hagler coming on in the second half of the fight to take a close decision or stopping graham very late

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                  That's not true and that wasn't how Hagler always got his knockouts. Hagler definitely had KO power and had the ability to stop opponents early with those punches. Hagler was more of a boxer/puncher than a "grinding it out" type of fighter. I'm sure Loucif Hamani, Willie Monroe, Fulgencio Obelmejias, Caveman Lee, Mustafa Hamsho,and Tony Sibson would agree. Because those are just some of the fighters Hagler blasted out brutally with KO power. In the Hamani fight Hagler knocked him out of the ring violently. With that said, I don't think Graham could have beaten any version of Hagler including 1987.
                  Last edited by joseph5620; 12-02-2010, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    That's not true and that wasn't how Hagler always got his knockouts. Hagler definitely had KO power and had the ability to stop opponents early with those punches. Hagler was more of a boxer/puncher than a "grinding it out" type of fighter. I'm sure Loucif Hamani, Willie Monroe, Fulgencio Obelmejias, Caveman Lee, Mustafa Hamsho,and Tony Sibson would agree. Because those are just some of the fighters Hagler blasted out brutally with KO power. In the Hamani fight Hagler knocked him out of the ring violently. With that said, I don't think Graham could have beaten any version of Hagler including 1987.
                    Loucif Hamani, Willie Monroe, Fulgencio Obelmejias, Caveman Lee, Mustafa Hamsho,and Tony Sibson was not world class fighters... Loucif Hamani and Fully Obel was mediocre fighters who Herol Graham would have bombed out in similar fashion to how Hagler did.. and Graham would have had no trouble beating Lee, Sibson or Hamsho so lets be realistic here.

Comment

Working...
                    X