No announcement yet.

Boxing Is Dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYC8224 View Post
    Agreed. Too much protection which leads to top guys fighting bums or over the hill fighters. We need more fights like Porter-Thurman. Two top guys going at it in the division.

There needs to be a set of rules that makes top fighters fight other top fighters or gtfo
    Yep, I think a lot of these guys would fight eachother but the promoters fear a loss that would taint their product, it looks like certain fighters are ducking but in the end its their promoters IMO, its getting worse too.

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
      Yep, I think a lot of these guys would fight eachother but the promoters fear a loss that would taint their product, it looks like certain fighters are ducking but in the end its their promoters IMO, its getting worse too.
      That's what i mean. Promoters are way too involved and it is ruining the sport.

Comment

It's the matchmaking that sucks but the talent is there, so long as the talent is there it'd be dumb to say the sport is dead.

Comment

I really only follow the cruiserweight division nowadays. Everything else just disappoints.

Comment

There is so much wrong with boxing at the moment, but there's no way of getting round the face that two men in gloves punching each other is the best sport out there. Guys kicking each other, or throwing/kicking a ball, running around, jumping, swimming, cycling...I guess those sports have their place and respect to those winning medals in Rio right now but I'd still rather watch 2 ESPN-level guys in a back-and-forth war than any of that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
              I really only follow the cruiserweight division nowadays. Everything else just disappoints.
              I have little interest in anything 160 and above. It's 135 - 154 for me. But I chuckle when commentators like Mauro Ranallo keep mentioning this so and so division is so deep and all that stupid nonsense. It's deep, but the top fighters rarely fight each other. 147 and 154 alone would make boxing alive if the top fighters fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                I have little interest in anything 160 and above. It's 135 - 154 for me. But I chuckle when commentators like Mauro Ranallo keep mentioning this so and so division is so deep and all that stupid nonsense. It's deep, but the top fighters rarely fight each other. 147 and 154 alone would make boxing alive if the top fighters fight each other.
                That's why I love the cruiserweights. Their top guys routinely fight each other.

Bellew's being a diva though.

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
                  The idea that a loss taints a fighter needs to change. Everyone so scared to take an L that they just fight bums and no hopers. Personally, I dont care that much if a fighter takes an L.

Pac was one of my favorite fighters and everyone made fun of him for getting put to sleep, but I LOVED IT. I didnt love that he got KO'd, I loved that him and Marquez went to war and actually put on an entertaining fight. Losses happen and it shouldnt be that big of deal. Especially if it's two evenly matched guys fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                    Any idea what this poster is talking about?
                    can you read?

Comment

Originally posted by crazed_z06 View Post
                      The idea that a loss taints a fighter needs to change. Everyone so scared to take an L that they just fight bums and no hopers. Personally, I dont care that much if a fighter takes an L.

Pac was one of my favorite fighters and everyone made fun of him for getting put to sleep, but I LOVED IT. I didnt love that he got KO'd, I loved that him and Marquez went to war and actually put on an entertaining fight. Losses happen and it shouldnt be that big of deal. Especially if it's two evenly matched guys fighting.
                      Good post!!!!!!!! people put too much of a big deal on losses, its a part of the sport, also fans trash every damn fighter who isn't their fav, and trash every style that isn't their fav, variety is the spice of life! that's getting old

Comment

Working...
                      X