Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev's headlocks/clinching/holding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlocks lol... Ward kept bumrushing him and trying to score points and clash heads while hugging him after he got dropped. What was Kov supposed to do?

It was your standard Ward fight (except for the part about him losing).

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I LIKE white dudes with heavy hands. Unfortunately, half of this forum ONLY likes white dudes. If you are going to pretend that's not the case, then you haven't been paying attention (intentionally or otherwise).

I'll never attack someone based on their race, just their racism.
      Half of this forum only likes white dudes? You think that, but that isn't the case.
      And that is your problem.

I like seeing good fights and good style matchups, color of skin doesn't even come into play.

Comment

I know it sucks being a loser, but you don't have to be a sore one.
        "Show me a sore loser and I'll show you a loser"

Said some wise guy

Comment

So, the guys on here who only root for whites and say things like "white man marches on" and "were taking over" recognise Ward as white? That's the idiocy you're expecting me to believe?

One of my 2 all time faves is Joe Calzaghe and I could give a damn about a person's race. If you don't like to see me mocking the racists (and I mock black and brown racists just as much as whites), PLEASE put me on ignore and don't bother me with this bullshyt.
          You aren't mocking racists. you are trying to race bait, when nobody is saying anything racist.

Are there are a few racists on here. Yes. Yes there are. Are most of the people the are fans of Kovalev racist? No...

Not sure if you noticed or not, but a large percentage of boxing fans like knockout artists. Be it Hearns, Tyson, Kovalev, GGG.

Don't confuse people liking punchers with people being racist.

What you are doing, is being racist by grouping all fans of a certain fighter together and labeling them racist.

Comment

I know it sucks being a loser, but you don't have to be a sore one.
            Did you win something? And what did he lose? Are you guys Ward and Kovalev? Wow, big fan here of both you guys...

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
              "Show me a sore loser and I'll show you a loser"

Said some wise guy
              Actually, yea, that's a brilliant Lombardi quote. I just discovered the treasure trove of quotes that is Vince Lombardi last week so respect to you on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                You aren't mocking racists. you are trying to race bait, when nobody is saying anything racist.

Are there are a few racists on here. Yes. Yes there are. Are most of the people the are fans of Kovalev racist? No...

Not sure if you noticed or not, but a large percentage of boxing fans like knockout artists. Be it Hearns, Tyson, Kovalev, GGG.

Don't confuse people liking punchers with people being racist.

What you are doing, is being racist by grouping all fans of a certain fighter together and labeling them racist.
                Exactly, just so happens most of the KO artists right now are light skinned guys. shame on us for enjoying excitement in the sport we like to watch ha...

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  Before the fight we had many people saying Ward was a dirty fighter and some were saying Ward would get no credit if he held. Are those people going to hold Kovalev to the same standard?
                  Jesus you're a one trick pony.

Ward held plenty and basically tackled him a few times. He also hit Kovalev with a ton of low blows.

I'm curious, which rounds did Kovalev headbutt Ward?

Comment

Actually, yea, that's a brilliant Lombardi quote. I just discovered the treasure trove of quotes that is Vince Lombardi last week so respect to you on that one.
                    Ah it was meant to read

Show me a good loser and i'll show you a loser

Great quote that I live by.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Not mad at him and came in prepare for Ward antics with his own antics and I do think early in the fight it did control Ward on the inside a bit BUT I do think he kinda got tired trying to overpower Ward on the inside and Ward freed his hands and was landing some vicious body shots
                      Exactly this.
                      I think it's inside wrestling that tired Kovalev and especially made his hands slow.
                      After this fight we understand that you must NEVER allow Ward to go inside. Either he wrestles you and lands shots or you wrestle him and became tired and slow-handed.
                      If Kovalev will be able to prevent Ward from going inside (by long jabs to the body, or stepping back) he will win the rematch, if not - he will lose.

Comment

Working...
                      X