Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does James Toney Have Better WINS Than Roy Jones Jr?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
    You have once again lost me. I said Nunn was the greatest fighter THAT TONEY FOUGHT UP TO THE JONES FIGHT BECAUSE JONES WAS NOT AS ESTABLISHED AS NUNN AT THE TIME. Overall yes, Jones did go on to become clearly greater than Nunn but that's irrelevant since we are basing it on when these fights actually occurred. So what point i proved is beyond me.

So let me get this straight, you feel that Jones was a greater fighter than Nunn at the time he beat Toney and Toney was a greater fighter than Barkley, Starling and Kalambay even though the best win on his record was Sosa (while not bad, is not where near great) at the time he fought Nunn.

It doesn't matter what Toney's record was at the time. We all now know he's a better fighter than Barkley,Starling,and Kalambay. The perception of him before the fight is irrelevant and doesn't change that fact.

And yes, the Jones that fought Toney was better than Nunn.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      lol at Montell Griffin.
      Why? He massacred coward Toney twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Taylor View Post
        Why? He massacred coward Toney twice.
        Am I the only one who will be happy when the mods permanently ban this scum bag?

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
          Am I the only one who will be happy when the mods permanently ban this scum bag?
          Why am I not surprised you are a James Toney fan?

You know Montell Griffin beat this steroid cheat twice right?

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Taylor View Post
            Why am I not surprised you are a James Toney fan?

You know Montell Griffin beat this steroid cheat twice right?
            I'm not a fan of Toney but I'm sure as hell not a fan of YOU! The sooner you're permanently gone the better.

Comment

Pretty sure Roy made toney look like a journeyman in 1994

Comment

- -Going back, interesting side note was post Ruiz when Roy went looking for big names , Field turned down a Roy offer to go with Toney and the rest history.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                  Until that is possible, I recommend use of the ignore list.

Comment

Toney and Jones were both great fighters. But Roys win over Toney ends this thread. Roy beat James when it counted, what do any other wins by James have to do with anything? When he faced Roy, weakened and slowed by weight lose or not, he was made to look foolish. In the books it simply states that Jones beat Toney, end of thread.......Rockin'
                    Last edited by Rockin'; 01-05-2021, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                      lol at Montell Griffin.
                      I watched Griffin, after the olympics, come up to Galaxy and give James fits in sparring. I don't know why they ever excepted the bout offer.........Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                      X