No announcement yet.

Left Shoulder Growing Bigger Than Right

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left Shoulder Growing Bigger Than Right

I resumed weight training recently & noticed that my left shoulder is growing bigger than my right one. I have good form on my shoulder exercises + I do the same weight+reps on both hands using dumbbells. I am right handed & my right hand isn't weaker than my left.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

I heard that people who sling their backpacks on one shoulder only for several years end up with this problem. That to me sounds like bullshyt, even though that's how I used to carry my backpack a few years back in college.

I'm too lazy to take a picture of myself to show to you guys, so here's one I found on Google (the guy in the picture isn't me ).

The shoulders of the guy in the image aren't aligned because he isn't standing in the right posture. Even if he did stand correctly, the shoulder size imbalance would be obvious.
    Last edited by gamefrk; 06-12-2015, 03:10 PM.

Originally posted by gamefrk View Post
    I resumed weight training recently & noticed that my left shoulder is growing bigger than my right one. I have good form on my shoulder exercises + I do the same weight+reps on both hands using dumbbells. I am right handed & my right hand isn't weaker than my left.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

I heard that people who sling their backpacks on one shoulder only for several years end up with this problem. That to me sounds like bullshyt, even though that's how I used to carry my backpack a few years back in college.

I'm too lazy to take a picture of myself to show to you guys, so here's one I found on Google (the guy in the picture isn't me ).

The shoulders of the guy in the image aren't aligned because he isn't standing in the right posture. Even if he did stand correctly, the shoulder size imbalance would be obvious.

i'd be wary of scoliosis, if you look like the dude in the picture. it's a curvature of the spine / neck.

there are tests that a doctor / nurse practicioner can perform.

as with any health problems, you should think about seeing a doctor. he may request an X ray. the internet isn't a great place for medical advice.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      i'd be wary of scoliosis, if you look like the dude in the picture. it's a curvature of the spine / neck.

there are tests that a doctor / nurse practicioner can perform.

as with any health problems, you should think about seeing a doctor. he may request an X ray. the internet isn't a great place for medical advice.
      Fcuk. Thanks for the reply, reading up on scoliosis now :/

Comment

I had my backpack only ever on my right shoulder all through high school and my left trap is significantly larger then my right. Funny thing is, when I do shrugs I feel like my left (larger) trap is having a harder time.

Comment

The guy in the pictures shoulder size looks the same, just looks like crappy genetics.

Comment

Working...
          X