Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most boring ATG ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Hopkins is overrated, but he was definitely boring even at his best. He had some downright ghoulish fights against people like Robert Allen, Keith Holmes, Antwun Echols and Howard Eastman.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Malik Kaya View Post
        I am talking about fighting style, Entertainment value and personality outside of the ring.

My pick is Wladimir Klitschko.
        He is well spoken and very smart no doubt but it is not really what i am looking for in the HW champion of the world. He is build like Tarzan and fights like Jane.
        There is nothing about this man screaming baddest man on earth. Usually guys that have boring styles like him try to make up for it outside of the ring ( Mayweather)
        The few times he actually gets into some sort of trash talk, he sounds corny
        (Giving David Haye a pizza face....lmao)

Honorable mention: Lennox Lewis, Pernell Whitaker, Bernard Hopkins

Thoughts?
        If youre talking ATG p4p i wouldnt place Wlad, Lennox or Hopkins in that category.
        But in their respective weight classes, yea, i guess theyre all ATG's.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          Many, many, many people, his popularity is a product of his retirement and the lack of good fighters in the division today. He was much maligned in the 90s.
          Not disputing your opinion but many people including myself loved Lennox while he was active. He wasn't always safety first, when the opportunity arose he was a butcher and absolutely brutalized guys. He was very strategic and picked his spots. I find Floyd and Hopkins much more boring, a lot of times when totally dominating they still played it safe. That's boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            the prime bhop who got schooled by roy, fought scrubs and needed to fight robert allen 10 times?

that overrated dude? he was boring too.
            Man you got a made up record for Manny in your sig..lol

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
              Not disputing your opinion but many people including myself loved Lennox while he was active. He wasn't always safety first, when the opportunity arose he was a butcher and absolutely brutalized guys. He was very strategic and picked his spots. I find Floyd and Hopkins much more boring, a lot of times when totally dominating they still played it safe. That's boring.
              lennox wasnt boring until emmanuel steward.

wlad too.

emmanuel steward killed heavyweight boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                Man you got a made up record for Manny in your sig..lol
                i don't honor biased/racist american judging.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  lennox wasnt boring until emmanuel steward.

wlad too.

emmanuel steward killed heavyweight boxing.
                  I think he turned them into atg's by maximizing their strengths and hiding their Achilles heel.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    Lewis could be ruthless...could be...that' the problem. As he himself has admitted, he never unleashed himself often enough and really needed Stewart to push him, shout at him. He needed to be fired up after bad performances or media scrutiny. Being fired up and aggressive wasn't his default setting.

I will agree that Bhop, especially in his MW days was much boring and Mayweather has gotten aesthetically worse over the years. Lewis still managed to have that KO power and oculd take guys out if things got tough and he got fired up.

Comment

Pernell Whitaker.

I would have said Sven Ottke, but who would say he's an ATG?

Comment

Working...
                      X