No announcement yet.

Never Gymless VS. Infinite Intensity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Gymless VS. Infinite Intensity

After hearing so many great reviews about both books, I have decided to shell out the money and buy one of Ross's books. Now the only decision left to make is.. which one? I have some freeweights at home (benchpress, curls).. but not that many. Which of the two books would you recommend and why? Thanks.

infinite intensity is more towards free weights and odd objects and never gymless is bodyweight...

both are good and give results

Comment

Originally posted by juststartingout View Post
      After hearing so many great reviews about both books, I have decided to shell out the money and buy one of Ross's books. Now the only decision left to make is.. which one? I have some freeweights at home (benchpress, curls).. but not that many. Which of the two books would you recommend and why? Thanks.
      I think it depends on where you are in your own training and what your goals are. A lot of athletes already know how to train the way he shows you in never gymless. or at least could figure it out by visiting Rosstraining.com and bodybuilding.com He has a lot of good points and workouts in the other book, If you are looking for a good way to step up your training routine I'd go with that one.

Comment

I posted this in another thread about Never Gymless but it applies to this thread as well.

"It is an excellent book. I've had it since June and it's added considerable variety to my workout routine. Infinite Intensity is a great book by Ross Enamait also, more oriented than Never Gymless, it acts as a perfect companion to NG. He backs his points up scientifcally which is good too. His medicine ball training book is another excellent volume, unfortunately out of print, I refer to it a lot. It does have some overlap with the other books, which I believe is why he took it out print, but it has plenty of info to remain a useful addition to anyone's training book library."

The point is, if you can get both, do so but it's a pick or choose depending on your needs. You can get more than enough workout ideas from either book. Lately, I've been using Infinite Intensity more, but that will probably change soon.

Comment

my goals being PURELY boxing-specific...(faster handspeed, improved punching power, etc...). General fitness isn't really what I'm looking for.

Comment

my goals being PURELY boxing-specific...(faster handspeed, improved punching power, etc...). General fitness isn't really what I'm looking for.
            INFINITE INTENSITY WILL BOOST YOUR WORK OUT FOR EXACTLY THOSE PURPOSES

Comment

Sounds great Kingdosia. But exactly how much equipment is needed to perform the exercises/workouts.. like I said I have some freeweights and a benchpress bench.. not much else. Can you give me some details? Thanks alot

Comment

do you have dumbells?

Comment

Either book is perfect for that. There are exercises in both books which don't involve anything more than a floor. Dumbbells greatly enhance the value of II but you really don't even need them to benefit from the book. Then there are exercises using sandbags, medicine balls and, even homemade resistance bands using a chain and wood. But none of that is NEEDED and that's what makes the book great. I like a book that is more flexible in terms of the equipment used and II fits that bill very well. So does NG, for that matter.

Comment

i have about... 4-25 lb dumbells, 2-10 lb dumbells, 4- 50lb dumbelss, 4-5lb dumbells, a few 2.5 lb dumbells.

Comment

Working...
                    X