Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guerrero’s Fists Won’t Cover Mouth’s Bloated Checks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was also wondering when someone would write an article saying these things about the Gilroy wannabe. Yes, the article was a bit harsh, BUT TRUE!!! When Guerrero says things like "Mayweather is scared of him" and he knows he is the best, he sounds like a clown. Like an Amateur. Like a delusional schizophrenic. Yes, its a heartbreaking story with a great ending he has about his wife. Yes, we have all heard it and Yes we are happy for him and his loved ones. There has to come a point when he starts talking about boxing and the fans get to know him as someone that is great in the ring, not outside the ring. You really are a joke. You have everyone scratching their heads when you say stupid things (most all the time). I agree that ODLH should prepare him a lot better when speaking to the camera, or anyone else. Robert, until you do something great in the ring, you are and will continue to be a mediocre fighter. Hopefully you take this article to heart and not think its false because its not. Its true!

Sincerely, The Mexican Connection

Comment

Originally posted by Pad83 View Post
      Wow. I knew special needs people posted here but I didn't know they were allowed to post articles....

I get it though. The nerve of someone actually wanting to fight top competition nowadays is unthinkable right? Especially when guys like Floyd and Manny fought their way to the top facing softened up and or washed up competition.

The dude who wrote this article should go back to watching WWF.
      What softened/washed up competition are you referring too? Oh, you mean fighters like the ones Guerrero has faced recently, like Casamayor and Katsidis? You mean those type guys? I get what you're saying. Mayweather was a champ at 20, he fought Genaro Hernandez (RIP) for the Super featherweight title. Not a belt, the actual Linear title. Hernandez was the man at 130, he wasn't just a belt holder he was the champ. Mayweather's last 5-10 fights have been against all champs of the division. Judah, Baldomir, De La Hoya, Hatton, Marquez, Mosley and Cotto. I'll give you a pass on Ortiz, he shouldn't have been in the ring with Floyd. Pac has fought nothing but champs. he won the flyweight title from a guy that was 33-1, pac was like 18. He terrorized the smaller divisions for years. how about his last 5-10 fights, Barrera, Marquez, Margarito, Cotto, Clottey, Hatton and Marquez again. I'll give passes on Mosley and De La Hoya, neither should have been fighting when they fought Pac. Who has Guerroro fought? Honestly, I'll wait on that answer, because I'm curious to see who you can come up with that's of any significance.

Comment

Finally someone speaks up - Wake up Guerrero

All the folks defending Guerrero has to be either friends or family. Who else would? Guerrero is a C+ fighter. He is not an elite fighter. He is nothing special. Come down to earth Robert. Pay your dues, in the ring. Beat guys that people have heard of and do it in convincing fashion, then start talking. But now, you really sound stupid. Take this as good advice.

TMC

Comment

Originally posted by Thickback View Post
          Kudos for him beating Aydin in a title fight he didn't deserve, but he was saying Mayweather was ducking him before the fight with Aydin was signed. Speaking only for myself, thats what aggravated me about him. RG is a good boxer, he's just horrible at talking chit..lol..there are so many good fights for this cat, I just hope he doesn't run from other boxers because of his dream of a big pay day.
          Originally posted by simms601 View Post
          I keep reading this talk of a REAL welterweight! What's a real welterweight? Are you speaking of his size? Does size alone win fights? Hell no! Let's be real, Aydin is a decent fighter at best, he has not skill set what so ever. And for those who are clearly blind to how boxing works, this was suppose to be a showcase fight for Guerrero. How known is Aydin here in America? How many champions has Aydin beaten? Who of any significance has he faced? No one! So to try to expand this win as it were some great achievement, is obsurd. This was a showcase fight, for a Goldenboy fighter, in his HOMETOWN! Why was it in his hometown? So if the fight was close, he'd get the nod. Guerrero hasn't done anything, I mean anything to warrant a fight with the best fighters in the division. Even at 135 he hadn't done anything to warrant a fight with the best. His resume literally consists of guys who are C level and bottom of the barrel B level fighters. I wouldn't even say that, their all C level fighters with the exception of Orlando Salido. And please don't mention Casamayor and Katsidis because their both garbage.

This is for both of you. Lets understand 1 thing here. The Ghost has done more at 147 than Marquez did when he fought Floyd. That's a fact.

Furthermore it is a 15 month layoff the Ghost just came off of & a 2 weight class jump & surgery. On a tore back shoulder. No matter what you guys try to conjure up, Khan was next in line for Floyd when he'd never fought at 147 & isn't even the best at 140.

Then there's talk of ginger being in line for Floyd & he's never had a title fight in the division he's champ at. If you dudes are gonna hate on the Ghost you'd better not be prepared to let the likes of ginger/Khan & any other unworthy foe slide by. I don't see how you can direct the hate towards a fighter doing what the Ghost has in the last year & 1/2. When there are far less deserving fighters that get opportunities that they do not deserve.

Comment

simple- Floyd Mayweather is 35 years old

I don't mean to insult the fans of Floyd Mayweather out there, and if I do I'm sorry. I do apologize. There, ...so I believe that Robert Guerrero would win in a decision against Floyd Mayweather. I believe it. I believe it. He's sharp, he's young, he's quick, he's hungry, he's strong (against a full fledged w-weight), he's motivated, he's seasoned, he's motivated, he's ready , ...for an aging welterweight. You have to understand, before you behave as a stupid no-knowledge fan, that the body begins to break down after a certain age and PFFloyd is at the beginning of that age. I'm sorry, but he is. There is no questioning that, as much bravado as you might have, F. Mayweather is 35, yes ...35 years old and is getting older. I'm sorry but that is true. He is going to get older, and no matter if he is not defeated , he will be beat up by younger boxers, ...it's the absoulute truth!...It's the law of the land, ...ever hear of on with the new, ...off with the old, ..well

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
              I don't see how Guerrero is a tune up for Floyd or any current WW for that matter. Hope your not judging him based on his last performance, where he showed a lot of rust.
              He did show rust, but he also showed he doesn't have alot of pop on his punches at 147. That would mean he'd need to outbox Mayweather to win, which nobody in the world is going to do right now. Let Guerrero get one more big WW win and then he's in the mix for big fights. Beating Aydin, while coming off surgery and the layoff, doesn't prove to me he belongs with Floyd.

Comment

The Racket Squad: The Horror of Some Boxing 'Journalism'.

The highly biased and integrity lacking devices utililized in this article makes it very clear as to why this sport suffers so.
                Some writers and fans only subscribe to 'Star' status, not career or life status.

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez has called out Mayweather on 6 occasions this year.
                Is he truly ever taken to task for doing so with a record that hardly warrants a devoted platform, let alone the assumption that he has reached the PPV ranks?

The Ghost has been around the block, does all the right things a man and a fighter should do and some dumb bastard is writing about his 'big mouth'.
                It's not big enough.
                Robert Guerrero walks the walk of life and death in the ring and at home.
                Robert has earned the right to ring his own chimes with more integrity than Alvarez, Broner and Floyd combined.
                Boxing is the toughest racket on Earth.
                Has this 'writer' ever thrown hands in a prize ring?

Until he does, he needs to apologize to a man who gave a great effort against great personal and physical odds to beat a truly tough cat!

In truth, who do you think has a better shot at Floyd right now?
                Ginger?

No. The Ghiost should get that Madison Square Garden date on Dec. 1.
                Cotto twice is not warranted.
                Let Alvarez continue to attempt to live off of the names of true warriors as he has been. That's his craft right now:
                Fighting those whose greatness is mostly left in name.

Guerrero has 'The Ghost' of a chance against any man at 147 right now.
                It's all possible.
                Just ask a young man named Lopez.

Comment

Honestly, this article was one long bash against Guerrero based on what was said in the ring after the fight. What about the actual fight? I don't know about you guys but when I saw the fight I saw Aydin throwing with bad intentions, constantly stalking and putting pressure on Guerrero, and being dangerous every second of the match. I saw Guerrero bravely step two weight classes up after having a long lay off and a shoulder surgery and showed heart and hunger the whole entire match without running. That's a good fight in my book. But no one wants to talk about the fight.

Oddly Guerrero fights his heart out and calls out Floyd Mayweather, just like Keith Thurman did in his fight. But Guerrero is the one lambasted for his words and Keith is given a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo Kev View Post
                    His point is Guererro is calling out the No.1 p4p fighter with just words. What he should be doing is beating fighters like Alexander, Khan, Bradley, Ortiz, Brook, Matthyse etc. in order to earn it. So far he's beaten no one of note.
                    Its good to read a very succinct and sound post ..... among the many nut-riding constant kool-aid drinking madness.

Green "K" worthy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pad83 View Post
                      Since when did anyone have to "earn" a fight with Floyd?

Oscar losing to Sturm and Hopkins "earned" his fight with Floyd.

Zab being embarrassed by Baldomir "earned" him a fight with Floyd.

Hatton fighting weak comp and getting battered around by a non puncher (Collazo) "earned" him a fight with Floyd.

Ortiz? Bruseles? Mitchell? etc.

Therefore his argument and anyone defending it is ******ed. End of thread.
                      LOL at the BOLD. Oscar was the star in the sport. Floyd wanted the fight against ODLH so please stop it there. The rest of your arguments are funny too and shows how much you follow the sport.

On the article, I dont like Fitz nuthugging stuff. His admiration of Floyd is too much. But I agree with his remarks on Guerrero. Guerrero havent earn nothing. He had a title at 126 and 130 against soft competition, didnt make a name for himself and claimed that JMM was ducking him. JMM will beat him with ease. I dont know where he gets his "make belief accomplishment great" emotional talk, but in no way he should be calling out Floyd, specially in that juvenile way. The same thing Thurman did the week before, it was childish talks. He should concentrate in making his name relevant in the sport before trying to get a shot at the best fighter in the world.

Damn, it took 5 years for Cotto vs Floyd to take place and from no where The Ghost wants that exposure too? GTFOH

Comment

Working...
                      X