No announcement yet.

How skilled was/is Ronda Rousey really?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaded View Post
    Holly probably shaved her bush just this once for the fight of her life, thus giving her more kicking power. Explains it all.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      That doesnt even make sense kid ,Tyson was the most popular athlete ever and still is to this day,EVERYONE knew who he was just on video games ,and im probably like 2 decades older than you are ,no boxing fan could ever make such a flat out wrong comment like that.
      Nobody who was old enough to be conscious of the world during the 80's could make that statement..

Other guy needs to watch this clip starting at 3:37 (pre-fight coverage)

Comment

Was a big fish in a small pond. She finally met somebody as gifted athletically, physically and skilled as herself and loss. She was getting way ahead of herself. If she switches gyms and keeps training hard she can still keep getting better but with that ego from whooping on lesser fighters was bound to get her a rude awakening.

Comment

Floyd has offered to sort out her boxing game if she wanted it. He said her ground game is unreal but he can fix her boxing right up.

Comment

Depends where you are in the octagon, if you are in the clinch up close, Ronda will hip toss you. She will do it, and she will go straight for the arm. We knew she has stand up problems, just look at her shadow boxing.

The problem with Ronda is even now no one outside of her camp knows how good she is on the mat if she kept there for an extended period of time and her armbars don't work. Can she take your back, I don't think I've ever seen Ronda get a full mount even though she is stock and a big fighter for the weight.

I'm pretty much 100% sure she can't shoot from the outside, otherwise we would've seen atleast one single or double leg attempt on Holm. She doesn't kick, these are huge problems for her. She can learn but not between now and the proposed rematch. She needs to spend a long time in a camp without Edmund (who is sht) and avoid Holm for a good while.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
              Depends where you are in the octagon, if you are in the clinch up close, Ronda will hip toss you. She will do it, and she will go straight for the arm. We knew she has stand up problems, just look at her shadow boxing.

The problem with Ronda is even now no one outside of her camp knows how good she is on the mat if she kept there for an extended period of time and her armbars don't work. Can she take your back, I don't think I've ever seen Ronda get a full mount even though she is stock and a big fighter for the weight.

I'm pretty much 100% sure she can't shoot from the outside, otherwise we would've seen atleast one single or double leg attempt on Holm. She doesn't kick, these are huge problems for her. She can learn but not between now and the proposed rematch. She needs to spend a long time in a camp without Edmund (who is sht) and avoid Holm for a good while.
              An immediate rematch is needed, the excuses are starting to flow with Dana, you can count on more excuses. The immediate rematch will shut off all the excuses and hype when Rousey loses badly again.

Comment

Just hope her rematch doesn't go as badly as Anderson Silva's. Yeesh!

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  After that fight, the question that is left is...

How good was or is Ronda really?

I said after the Correia fight, that someone like Holm would beat Ronda when she gets more mma experience. Now, the experience thing apparently wasn't a factor at all but the skill set that Holm has was more than enough to handle Ronda.

All someone had to do was be patient and not play rock em sock'em robots with Ronda and they'd likely beat her. That is what I said. That is what Holly did.

After that fight though, to be completely honest. Ronda looked like the old Rich Franklin. The one who dominated 185 was a rockstar and then here comes some Brazilian dude from no where who put Leben to sleep with 3 punches and history is written.

Not to say Holm is the female version of Anderson Silva but Ronda, how good was she really? Is she just Rich Franklin who was just a big fish in a small talent pool? Or is she just someone like Carlos Condit or Daniel Cormier who got beat by the top dog but still clearly has the ability of a champion?

She fought a lot of mediocre women, to no fault of her own, the women in mma and ufc altogether aren't very refined yet. In the UFC alone, there's only 3 legit fighters who have legitimate fighting backgrounds. Two of them being Holm and Ronda, the third being Joanna. (Judo, Boxing, Muay Thai respectively. All high standard in their respective sport/art)

With the next best UFC woman being Meisha Tate or Cat Zingano and they aren't anywhere near the skill level of the aforementioned 3. Because they just dabbled with some cardio kickboxing/ wrestling and thought "Oh I can do this." Pretty much like the rest of the women in mma currently.

Ronda in that fight, honestly looked like a brawling Judoka. She has strength/power, okay. She is highly skilled in judo, okay. But she lacks intellect in the standup, like if this was boxing, it'd be called Ring IQ. She seemed like truly a UFC 1-5 fighter who has ability in 1 art but lacks what makes Jon Jones, GSP, BJ Penn, McGregor etc etc unique and special.

Pretty much what changed the UFC from the Gracie era to the GSP, Jon Jones, McGregor etc etc era.

So enough rambling. How good or skilled is Ronda really? Was/is she just the precursor to Women's MMA, much like the Royce, Renzo etc to Male MMA? Or do y'all think she just got bested like any other mma fight? Like GSP to Hughes and Serra?
                  Who's the chick with the basketball?

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post

Dem combos, doe.

What form, doe.
                    The nae nae?

Comment

Working...
                    X