Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton vs El Massoudi Close For The WBA's Interim Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hatton vs El Massoudi Close For The WBA's Interim Title

According to the Manchester Evening News, Matthew Hatton (42-5-2, 16KOs) is close to a deal to challenge Ismael El Massoudi (36-3, 14KOs) for the WBA's interim-welterweight title. El Massoudi won the title with a twelfth round stoppage of veteran Souleymane M'baye in July. Hatton hopes to beat El Massoudi in order to force a championship fight for the full crown, currently held by Vyacheslav Senchenko. The long term goal for Hatton, is to capture a major title at 147 and use it as a bargaining chip to set up a future fight with Amir Khan.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Please god, no! Nobody wants to see you fight Khan. I don't care how many paper titles your brother helps you get Matthew, you're a garbage fighter & Khan totally hammers you 10/10 times.

Comment

Matthew Hatton is one of the most over promoted boxers in the history of the sport.

Comment

Matthew has got NOTHING on his brother.

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
          Please god, no! Nobody wants to see you fight Khan. I don't care how many paper titles your brother helps you get Matthew, you're a garbage fighter & Khan totally hammers you 10/10 times.
          LOL - this. . . so true. . . He's simply not in Khan's league.

I actually kinda like Matthew Hatton - in the face of criticism he still just keeps doing his thing. . . I thought he deserved the nod against N'dou, but how close the fight was against n'dou at this stage should be a sign he's nowhere near world class. . .

I don't think he can beat Senchenko. . . And I HOPE TO GOD Khan wouldn't fight him should he get by him. . .

Ultimately, Matt Hatton really isn't THAT BAD of a boxer. . . He's just so average in every category. . . He's got an above average chin and punch resistance - he proved that against Canelo. . . But that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
            I don't get this, how is somebody a "paper champ" if they manage to take out the actual champ? All the power to him if he can pull it of.

Comment

Originally posted by whatismyname View Post
              I don't get this, how is somebody a "paper champ" if they manage to take out the actual champ? All the power to him if he can pull it of.
              I guess if they beat a paper champ which is what Sechenko already is

Comment

I'd rather scrape nettles across my scrotum than watch Matthew Hatton fight

Comment

Why are the WBA allowing this. Pretty sure Hatton isnt in the top 10 with the WBA and if he is how the hell did he get there?

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
                    Why are the WBA allowing this. Pretty sure Hatton isnt in the top 10 with the WBA and if he is how the hell did he get there?
                    I think he probably is and if he isn't then all they'll do is change the rankings. Isn't Kell Brook fighting an eliminator for the WBA Belt on Saturday?

Comment

Working...
                    X