No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Huck vs Afolabi Early Fight Results From Germany

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FJay360 View Post
    Yup, so he's British. I find it strange he's reffered to as a Nigerian yet Huck (a man born and raised in Ugao, Serbia) is reffered to as German.
    They might adopt Ola too if he carries on fighting like that since he's based in Germany lol

Comment

I scored the fight 114-114 so no complaints with the result as far as im concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by FJay360 View Post
        Yup, so he's British. I find it strange he's reffered to as a Nigerian yet Huck (a man born and raised in Ugao, Serbia) is reffered to as German.
        Steglitz too

He's actually Russian and his real name is Sergey Shtikhlits

Many dont know that

Comment

Well I guess there was no fact finding before writing this 'article' then, takes a whole 15 seconds to check a fighters birthplace and the country he represents. Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
            Yeah a guy flurrying at the last 20 seconds and people forgetting the last 2minutes and 40seconds of the round...
            That makes sense!

Huck got knocked down and was gifted a lucky decision, the guy was flailing all over the place the whole entire fight!
            seriously..cant you enjoy a good fight if not go and **** yorself you ****
            it was a rare fair decision in germany !

Comment

Marco Huck retained his WBO cruiserweight title against British challenger Ola Afolabi by a controversial slight margin, a draw by majority decision on Saturday. Afolabi dropped Huck in the second round, but referee Robert Byrd called it a slip. Afolabi pretty much dominated the first five rounds leaving Huck with a bloody nose at the end of the third and extremely tired after the 5th round. Afolabi worked the body, threw good combinations and appeared to have the fight under total control while trainer Ulli Wegner tried to urge Huck to finally "do something" if he wanted to defend his belt. In the sixth, the pace slowed but Huck finally woke up. Huck rocked Afolabi with power shots in the ninth, Afolabi was wobbled, but was saved by the bell. The 12th round was stunning, both fighters, completely exhausted, giving everything to win this final round.

East Side Boxing scored the fight 116-112 for Ola Afolabi. Judges Paul Thomas of Britain and Ingo Barrabas of Germany scored it 114-114. Nelson Vazquez of Puerto Rico awarded it 115-113 in favor of Marco Huck.

Comment

I had it 115-113 for Afolabi, and was pleasantly surprised that all 3 judges turned in fair cards. There were a few completely toss-up rounds, and anything within 116-112 either way would be a solid score. I think the attempt of this article to make the scoring sound "controversial" (at least to a greater extent than any fight as close as this would have to be) is unfortunate- as is the nationality error with Afolabi. A set of judges in Germany turn in fair cards, and they still get criticized. Give them a break when they get a close fight about right, guys...sheesh. It's no wonder they can't tell a good card from a bad one half the time- they get criticized the same either way.

The undercard fights were summed up perfectly, though.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  East Side Boxing scored the fight 116-112 for Ola Afolabi.
                  That site is a joke.

Comment

Working...
                  X