No announcement yet.

Kovalev would brutally KO Roy Jones JR prime for prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
    And like I said before, he would have dominated a prime Sergei Kovalev on that night as well.
    But of course he wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
      Is that your best retort? Did he struggle as much making weight for that fight as he did for the RJJ one? Any reports? And obviously, showing up not being at your best against Charles Williams is not as detrimental as doing the same for RJJ - who is miles better.

The point still being, there is an asterisk to that dominant performance. Maybe RJJ still beats him just the same had he not struggled with weight; or maybe he doesn't dominate him but still wins comfortably. But using that dominant performance as a case for why Kovalev has no chance is a fallacy. If you disagree, then Roy Jones has no excuse for the Tarver loss, and Antonio gets full credit for knocking him out as Roy had plenty of time to get it together after their first fight, which went to the full distance.

I don't need a to say anything else considering I'm not receptive to excuses after the fact. The highlighted statement was my point.

Comment

Based on what?

"Mang Kovalev punch harrrrrddd. If he connects Roy go bye bye"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr 117-111 View Post
          Based on what?

"Mang Kovalev punch harrrrrddd. If he connects Roy go bye bye"
          He has got skills. And raising his level of skill for Hopkins certainly showed that.

(you gonna come at me that Hopkins was shot and way past prime then in any of his previous fights?)

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            i don't need a to say anything else considering i'm not receptive to excuses after the fact. The highlighted statement was my point.
            ok..........

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
              Also, the James Toney THAT SHOWED UP FOR RJJ with reports of struggling to make weight would most certainly get defeated by Kovalev.

I will not go off topic and start a prime Toney vs Prime Kovalev debate, it's academic anyway. But the 168 weight struggling Toney gets owned by Kovalev. He has every ability in the world to keep Toney off him, including the size which would play a major factor.
              I'm sorry, but all u are giving me are excuses. Excuses that in the long run don't matter. In fact, this is the first time I've heard anyone discredit Roys win over Toney. So kudos for that. Smh

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
                Roy's chin can't handle tat power,
                hahahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
                  Roy's chin can't handle tat power,
                  You're correct. Roy's chin couldn't handle Kovalev's power. The only problem for Kovalev is - would he be able to land on prime RJJ's chin. I don't think so. I think it would make for a very interesting fight though.

Comment

golovkin beat kovalev up, golovkin actually stands a chance against roy, kovalev open to shots if you can get him into range(which roy would, on the defensive, or offensive)

kovalev doesn't make the distance

Comment

Kovalev would be a "make em look like nobody" victim if he faced a prime RJJ. You REALLY don't comprehend just how gifted a fighter prime Roy was.

Comment

Working...
                      X