Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is there for Floyd to fight in September?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Victorious713 View Post
    Khan doesn't bring "chedda" in the USA. UK is another story.
    Hence, ''especially if it's in the UK''.

Comment

Canelo is the only fight that makes dollars and sense, particularly with the small window they're working with. You'd think they would want a longer promotional time frame, but imagine it's an opponent with far less recognition and clout than Alvarez being rushed in. That's even worse for SHO/GBP.

Comment

He's not fighting in September. He isn't gonna fight Canelo. He's the only real option. I personally would like to see him fight Provodnikov.

Comment

There's Canelo and that's where it should and I think will end.

Comment

Slim options, he better fight Canelo.

Comment

I think Khan would work around marriage and Ramadan if he were offered a September 14th Floyd fight. If Alexander's hand is ok he might get the fight as Floyd talked about fighting him earlier. All this stuff about deserving a Mayweather fight is just something fans talk about. I don't think Mayweather gives a **** about that. I think Mayweather just wants to fight guys he can beat and get well paid for fighting them. I'll bet anyone he won't be fighting Canelo next.

Comment

Originally posted by freudianslip View Post
                When rumors started surfacing that Mayweather wanted no part of Canelo at 154 but perhaps at 147 I was absolutely sure no one would be on that side of the argument. There are too many interviews with Floyd saying all that stuff about Cotto at 154 and De La Hoya at 154 for people to back him up in any way. Yet people continue to do so. Mayweather better man up or just come out and say he's not fighting this September.
                Khan and Mayweather both have some fans that are loyal to them no matter what. They can do no wrong. Not all of their fans are like this but some of them are.

Comment

Originally posted by freudianslip View Post
                  When rumors started surfacing that Mayweather wanted no part of Canelo at 154 but perhaps at 147 I was absolutely sure no one would be on that side of the argument. There are too many interviews with Floyd saying all that stuff about Cotto at 154 and De La Hoya at 154 for people to back him up in any way. Yet people continue to do so. Mayweather better man up or just come out and say he's not fighting this September.
                  Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                  Anybody who believes that they won't fight at 154 is a idiot so that mean majority of this board. More than likely May 4th of next year is when you will the fight it will be the anniversary date of Floyd vs Oscar
                  I wish you had some points to bet on that. I'll bet anyone up to 10 billion points that Floyd will not fight Canelo next. The bet would be paid when Floyd announces his next opponent officially. PM me if anyone wants to bet on it.

Comment

jr

Originally posted by moin sher View Post
                    Obviously not anyone from Top Rank.

Khan has Ramadan and marriage
                    Alexander has a wrist injury and is looking to fight Khan in December
                    Garcia and Matthysse (hopefully) will fight in September
                    Canelo looks like it will not happen because of weight issues.

Who is left?
                    Any of them would cancel their fight to fight Floyd he might pick Matthyse he'd bring the most buys and its a more dangerous fight in the eyes of the public.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
                      Why is Khan even an option here? Didn't he just get owned a few weeks ago by a blown up/past prime fighter?
                      Yes, he did. Details like that don't matter to Schaefer. He loves Khan. That fight would probably make good money in England.

Comment

Working...
                      X