Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marco Huck vs. Ola Afolabi RBR and discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I felt Huck edged it, Ola gave too many rounds away early on.

Comment

• I thought 117-111 was the best score, many close rounds but felt that Huck stole most of them.

Disappointing fight.

Comment

• Afolabi was applying consistent pressure, working the jab nicely, attacking the body.

Huck just had minor spurts in rounds, where he would connect with a right hand, but those moments were very few.

Afolabi didn't follow him after the ambush.

Huck is a very low level fighter though. Probably one of the weaker champions in the sport.

He's probably C+ at best. No head movement, only has a right hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bring It On View Post
          I thought 117-111 was the best score, many close rounds but felt that Huck stole most of them.

Disappointing fight.
          That's how I see it as well.

The fight was good, but failed to live up to the expectations generated from their last fight in particular.

Didn't anybody feel that Huck returned to his dirty ways BTW?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bring It On View Post
            I thought 117-111 was the best score, many close rounds but felt that Huck stole most of them.

Disappointing fight.
            Agreed. Huck landed flashier shots and like clockwork turned it up in the last minute of almost every round. Afolabi often didn't do enough and didn't leave much of an impression those first two minutes and then Huck could just flurry and win rounds in the last minute, effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
              Afolabi was applying consistent pressure, working the jab nicely, attacking the body.

Huck just had minor spurts in rounds, where he would connect with a right hand, but those moments were very few.

Afolabi didn't follow him after the ambush.

Huck is a very low level fighter though. Probably one of the weaker champions in the sport.

He's probably C+ at best. No head movement, only has a right hand.
              I agree with this, well said. People are giving Huck to much credit for his late round flurries. Most of those so called flashy punches missed, Ola was rolling with with the rest of the shots taking away full impact.

Comment

Working...
              X