No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez jr vs Gennady Golovkin Master Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    He's better at stopping bums than Chavez, so looks to have better power. That was his rep since day one, that's what had Dirrell running all night and getting banned from the network, and he's still knocking out them bums quick like.
    No not really.

Chavez was knocking everyone out at that level aswell.

Comment

When an opponent stands up to Golovkin he doesn't look nearly as impressive as he does when he's stalking.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I think Stevens hits harder than Chavez. Chavez has size behind his shots more than he has power. He has to wear you down with that size. I don't expect his single shots to bother Golovkin, and once he feels GGG's power he'll end up trying to box and land single shots, which won't work at all.
        Have to disagree on that one. Stevens may have more impressive KO's but he's a much smaller man and Chavez can crack.

Don't underestimate JR's heart man. I agree with the criticism of him, but he has balls and a chin. He inherited that from his father, and I don't think he's going to back down from GGG at all. I think he's going to stand there and bang with him and it will be very entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          Have to disagree on that one. Stevens may have more impressive KO's but he's a much smaller man and Chavez can crack.

Don't underestimate JR's heart man. I agree with the criticism of him, but he has balls and a chin. He inherited that from his father, and I don't think he's going to back down from GGG at all. I think he's going to stand there and bang with him and it will be very entertaining.

And I don't think he should, Jr's best chance in my opinion is to come forward, smother and push GGG to the ropes, then try to work the body.

If he stays on the outside he'll eat too much leather, GGG is faster and probably a better boxer, I think he should push the fight on the inside and make his size count.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

And he will promptly get his face broken again.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
              And I don't think he should, Jr's best chance in my opinion is to come forward, smother and push GGG to the ropes, then try to work the body.

If he stays on the outside he'll eat too much leather, GGG is faster and probably a better boxer, I think he should push the fight on the inside and make his size count.
              I agree, he will come forward and use his size.

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
              And he will promptly get his face broken again.
              Well we will see, it's going to be entertaining to say the least.

Comment

come forward and use his size is all well and good but you shouldn't follow a puncher. it's probably jnr's best shot alright ... but i still don't see it working. GGG is simply a better boxer
                Last edited by Daddy T; 04-03-2014, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                  come forward and use his size is all well and good but you shouldn't follow a puncher. it's probably jnr's best shot alright ... but i still don't see it working. GGG is simply a better boxer
                  On the front foot he is. If Jr can back him up then we'll see what he's made of.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post

He's too inactive to do that, he just covers up and does nothing a lot of the time. Golovkin should beat the **** out of him.

Comment

• Golovkin will beat the piss out of Chavez Jr, 168 lbs or not.. I can't understand people think Chavez has a chance here?

Comment

Working...
                      X