No announcement yet.

Neck strength training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck strength training

Any evidence that this truly makes your head more resistant to shock force trauma? I have heard this before but is there any real concrete evidence to back this up?

Originally posted by Tswordwreturn View Post
    Any evidence that this truly makes your head more resistant to shock force trauma? I have heard this before but is there any real concrete evidence to back this up?
    I wouldn't know nothin' 'bout no strengthening of the neck to reduce no shock force trauma.......... Rockin'

Comment

Yes their IS concrete evidence to back it up!
      EVERY fighter works his neck muscles, EVERY one! Forever!!
      Ray.

Comment

this + everyone in gym does neck workouts except for the newbies

Comment

Care to share your favorite ones, anyone??

Comment

I would love to hear more from a sports physician but my guess would be that the neck muscles act like a shock absorber and slow the acceleration of the skull. A concussion occurs when the brain hits the skull. If we slow down the movement of the skull then we lessen then chance of a concussion / KO.

Comment

keeps your head from whip lashing

Comment

Seems to make sense, good thing I like working out my neck anyway, I started doing this with a 10 lb and now use a 25lb for 30 reps a set.
                My neck got a lot stronger pretty quickly.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...eck-resistance

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw101 View Post
                  this + everyone in gym does neck workouts except for the newbies
                  I think I have only seen one person do a neck workout in a gym and I have been to a lot of gyms. It was some roided vein popping meat head who had a strap on his head with 2 45s on a chain and he was loudly grunting with every rep, his neck was like a tree trunk. Ugly mother ****er he was

But besides that story I have actually never seen anyone else do neck excersises at the gym.

Comment

I think I have only seen one person do a neck workout in a gym and I have been to a lot of gyms. It was some roided vein popping meat head who had a strap on his head with 2 45s on a chain and he was loudly grunting with every rep, his neck was like a tree trunk. Ugly mother ****er he was

But besides that story I have actually never seen anyone else do neck excersises at the gym.
                    If nobody in your boxing gym is training their neck than you need another gym.

Comment

Working...
                    X