No announcement yet.

Cotto = definition of a quitter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by masta View Post
    The man was supposed to be the bigger and stronger fighter. Instead, he was running away like a little girl. Disgraceful.
    get in the ring with pac. lets see if you dont get in the fetal position in 5 secs

Comment

Originally posted by GTR View Post
      get in the ring with pac. lets see if you dont get in the fetal position in 5 secs
      I am not a professional boxer. Neither are you. Cotto, on the hand, is. And he didn't have a warrior mentality. More of a ahh-I'm-so-scared mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by snootz86 View Post
        I just think its funny people like you calling him a warrior

Dude ran from a former FW after being put on his ass the 2nd time.

A warrior doesn't run from round 5-6 onwards from a guy way smaller then him after talking loads of bs about him being bigger/stronger etc

Even Pac was disgusted he had to wait and taunt Cotto at stages
        ...and I think it's funny that if Cotto had destroyed Pacquiao people like you would have derided the win as a sham since Pacquiao was coming up in weight.

So I guess you don't give props to Roy Jones for fighting at Heavyweight and winning, you just condemn the man that lost. Amirite?

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post

Someone else pointed out that (regardless of wraps) Margarito at least looked like a warrior whilst being stopped by Mosley. He didn't stop coming back for more, and had a huge grin on his face as he went down. That's being beaten in style. Cotto didn't get beat in style - he looked ridiculous, unfortunately.
          Only an idiot would rather suffer KO damage than avoid it when possible, even if it means backing up. That mentality of "a warrior should always go forward even if it means certain KO" is laughable at best. Margo was dumb and didn't look good at all. Thanks, this made me chuckle.

Comment

he had to change it up - the first 1-6 he went down twice because he tried to go toe to toe so he tried to box in the later rounds if he kept brawling he might of went down again
            This. What people don't realise is all of Pacquiao's victims have gone in with the attitude that they will outmuscle him. It's failed miserably be they he has deceiving power.

Cotto tried outmuscling him in the earlier rounds and he kept getting rocked by his pint point flurries, he was just left wide open to it. So he realised he had to keep the distance.

I think the reason it messes up so much is because when they get close to him, and lean on him, the moment they let go he's quick enough to throw a flurry of punches that pack power behind them and move out the way.

Half of the people speaking, I wonder if they've been in any fight what so ever.

Comment

**** off. The true fans of boxing respect Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                This. What people don't realise is all of Pacquiao's victims have gone in with the attitude that they will outmuscle him. It's failed miserably be they he has deceiving power.

Cotto tried outmuscling him in the earlier rounds and he kept getting rocked by his pint point flurries, he was just left wide open to it. So he realised he had to keep the distance.

I think the reason it messes up so much is because when they get close to him, and lean on him, the moment they let go he's quick enough to throw a flurry of punches that pack power behind them and move out the way.

Half of the people speaking, I wonder if they've been in any fight what so ever.
                And? That doesn't change the fact that he was running away at the end. It's clear he was looking for a way out. He could've at least tried to fight back while going backwards.

Comment

Why should he risk his life just to impress a couple of morons on an internet forum.

Comment

running while in trouble is better than Winning and still running

Comment

Originally posted by masta View Post
                      I am not a professional boxer. Neither are you. Cotto, on the hand, is. And he didn't have a warrior mentality. More of a ahh-I'm-so-scared mentality.
                      Exactly so you probably have no idea what it takes to even step in the ring let alone face someone like manny pacquiao.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Comment

Working...
                      X