No announcement yet.

pre fight warm up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cameronpaul View Post
    also on a separate note i was sparring a cruiser weight (im only welter) and got hit with a right cross, i held my hands up to show i was a bit dazed, and the next thing i know 10-15 minutes had passed and i was downstairs without any gear on, knocked me into the future a bit. just wondering if anyone had similar experience.
    you have suffered a concussion, you should not fight and you should not spar for awhile.

i've dealt with the blackouts in the past, it all becomes dejavu at some point in the experience.

Did you tell your coach about this? ............Rockin'

Comment

Theres a fine line between being a tuff guy and Moron! To box without someone "in your corner" figuretively and in reality is stupid especially when you don't know the consequences. Being knocked out is a serious situation simply because all men are wired differently and you on your own are not going to understand the ramifications that can occur. The fact that the trainer let you spar is questionable enough!!! Are you insured, is his gym insured does anyone there have a brain? Find a trainer!! Ray.

Comment

So the gym tried to teach you proper technique and this is "trying to get me to fight like ali"? Just curious.
        to be honest ali was just a figure of speech but here are a few examples

they tell me to keep my weight on my back foot when shadow boxing, but i like to fight at close range on the front foot

they tell me to duck using only my legs and to keep my torso straight but when you watch any good defensive fight most of the movement comes from the hips - james toney, mayweather. i do still use 50% legs of course

they tell me never to go to southpaw but lots of close range fighters do it for the angles - mike tyson, hagler (changed to orthadox), cotto

dont get me wrong i understand what there going for, but id rather loose fighting my way than win fighting like how ray leonard beat hagler

Comment

Theres a fine line between being a tuff guy and Moron!
          i might put that on a tshirt

Comment

to be honest ali was just a figure of speech but here are a few examples

they tell me to keep my weight on my back foot when shadow boxing, but i like to fight at close range on the front foot

they tell me to duck using only my legs and to keep my torso straight but when you watch any good defensive fight most of the movement comes from the hips - james toney, mayweather. i do still use 50% legs of course

they tell me never to go to southpaw but lots of close range fighters do it for the angles - mike tyson, hagler (changed to orthadox), cotto

dont get me wrong i understand what there going for, but id rather loose fighting my way than win fighting like how ray leonard beat hagler
            your not wrong. let me say that first. but you need to have solid solid fundamentals before you learn that stuff. you think mayweather started his first day using a shoulder roll and lead left hooks lead right hands? hell no. he started with a basic style and it evolves from there based on who you are and how your mind works.

Comment

Mayweather started with the Mayweather FAMILY of fighters!! This kid doesn't have what he needs the most and thats a TRAINER!! Ray.

Comment

you have suffered a concussion, you should not fight and you should not spar for awhile.

i've dealt with the blackouts in the past, it all becomes dejavu at some point in the experience.

Did you tell your coach about this? ............Rockin'
                i know what you mean by dejavu, more like being in a dream where you cant work out why your there or what happened but it all came back minus about 10 minutes after i got home, and yea i told the coach and he arranged for someone to give me a lift home and told me to drink plenty of water. to be honest its only 3 weeks till i got to fight so im not gonna spar that particular guy again for a while if ever. theres some guys my own size down a different gym im sparring and im just ramping up the conditioning above all else as everyone iv spoke to tells me that a proper fight is more tiring than anything you do in the gym. my plan is just to jab and almost take the first 30 seconds off the first round just to get my barings a bit then ill start to work. well thats whats in my head anyway. ill post it on here when its done. unless i do an amir khan.

Comment

i know what you mean by dejavu, more like being in a dream where you cant work out why your there or what happened but it all came back minus about 10 minutes after i got home, and yea i told the coach and he arranged for someone to give me a lift home and told me to drink plenty of water. to be honest its only 3 weeks till i got to fight so im not gonna spar that particular guy again for a while if ever. theres some guys my own size down a different gym im sparring and im just ramping up the conditioning above all else as everyone iv spoke to tells me that a proper fight is more tiring than anything you do in the gym. my plan is just to jab and almost take the first 30 seconds off the first round just to get my barings a bit then ill start to work. well thats whats in my head anyway. ill post it on here when its done. unless i do an amir khan.
                  for safety reasons I would continue training, minus the sparring, and just let this next fight pass by. this is not a game that you're in here, it can be dangerous business stepping in with recent head injuries. it's your call though, whichever way to go I wish you luck in your endeavors............Rockin'

Comment

good luck in your fight bro, do you know what you get if you win your fight? like in bjj tournaments and muaythai you get medals or trophies but im guessing you dont get anything to show off your hard win other then a fight added to your record am i right?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xuebi_pQYA

heres the fight im in the blue shorts

Comment

Working...
                      X