No announcement yet.

Amir Khan: "I want to take after Hopkins"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gavinz1970 View Post
    Mayweather and Jones don't have the two fastest hand speeds in boxing right now.
    than who does? you wouldn't know. and you have personal issues when you swear in giving me a karma. go lose your virginity, it'll release the tension.
    Last edited by -Swizzy-; 02-06-2008, 02:32 PM.

Comment

I am good friends with Jamie Moore a stable mate of Khan.

I once asked over a beer: Would Khan become world champion, Jamie said hell no hes been knocked down several times by Bantomweights with full head gear on and was once sent home from training after getting knocked out by a featherweight with a losing record whilst wearing full headgear.

Im English he has skills but look at his resume all non punching featherweights, Warren knows the score and so do i.

Comment

Originally posted by Karlos81 View Post

I once asked over a beer: Would Khan become world champion, Jamie said hell no hes been knocked down several times by Bantomweights with full head gear on and was once sent home from training after getting knocked out by a featherweight with a losing record whilst wearing full headgear.

Im English he has skills but look at his resume all non punching featherweights, Warren knows the score and so do i.
        I find it hard to believe Amir got knocked down by a featherweight with a losing record with headgear on. He is after all a world class amateur fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by gavinz1970 View Post
          A 5'4", 33 year old St. Clair who had lost 2 of his last 3 fights (the win coming against a 18-31-4 clubfighter coming off 5 losses in a row,) and a 5'5" Graham Earl (who has never won a major world title) coming off a loss, are you kidding me?

Repeat, at Khan's age, Juan Diaz already had a major world title, which he won while also attending college.
          5'4 st.clair was good enough for 6'0 Corrales. and st.clair still got some rounds on corrales. at this point in Khan's career, his opposition doesn't really matter cuz he could fight the worst bums if he wants. but he isn't, and he is being criticized for not fighting a big fighter yet. that is just hate. and if you saw his performance against st.clair and were not impressed then thats just pure hate.

and the scorecard comparison of khan's and corrales' fight with st.clair is only for consideration not to be taken as an exact measurement. and realize that even if st.clair is past his prime, khan is also young. so that perfect scorecard should be recognized.

Comment

Originally posted by Precision View Post
            people need to leave khan alone, he has only had 16 fights and is improving but people are talking about how he will get destroyed by diaz, etc, he ain't at championship level yet, when he is then you can make your predictions
            Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
            5'4 st.clair was good enough for 6'0 Corrales. and st.clair still got some rounds on corrales. at this point in Khan's career, his opposition doesn't really matter cuz he could fight the worst bums if he wants. but he isn't, and he is being criticized for not fighting a big fighter yet. that is just hate. and if you saw his performance against st.clair and were not impressed then thats just pure hate.

and the scorecard comparison of khan's and corrales' fight with st.clair is only for consideration not to be taken as an exact measurement. and realize that even if st.clair is past his prime, khan is also young. so that perfect scorecard should be recognized.
            I do not doubt that Khan has incredible skills for someone his age. But all these things you are saying, things like "leave him alone hes only had a few fights hes not going to be fighting world champs", you need to be saying this to him, not us, because the only reason this criticism gets aimed at him is because he says hes going to be a world champion in something rediculous, like 2 fights. Im sorry mate, but no way will you be world champion in 2 fights. I used to like Amir, before his million pound contract made him think he is some kind of superstar. He still cant take a punch and he still hasnt beaten anyone of note, so why is he shooting his mouth off all the time? I accepted it from Naz, because Naz was exceptional, and I continue to accept it from other fighters who can back up what they are saying, but when a 21 year old punk kid starts doing it, it grates on me a little. Khan will only be dominant when he gets KO'd. His chin is of below average quality, which is pretty much a given fact, even by his nuthuggers, and unless he learns that he cant hang it out to dry and get away with it, its all going to end in tears, Naz style.

Comment

Originally posted by Karlos81 View Post

then why didn't he get knocked down even once on route to his silver medal in the olympics at age 17? you are full of it. that is a completley fabricated story. he also wouldn't be calling out the biggest names in lightweight and jr welterweight if he has such a glass chin.

Comment

than who does? you wouldn't know. go lose your virginity, it'll release the tension.
                Zab Judah has faster hands than both of them right now, for one.

Dude, you're trying to compare a fight that happened TEN YEARS AGO to one that JUST HAPPENED, get a clue.

Comment

than who does? you wouldn't know. and you have personal issues when you swear in giving me a karma. go lose your virginity, it'll release the tension.
                  Judah had notably faster handspeed than Mayweather when they fought.

Comment

then why didn't he get knocked down even once on route to his silver medal in the olympics at age 17? you are full of it. that is a completley fabricated story. he also wouldn't be calling out the biggest names in lightweight and jr welterweight if he has such a glass chin.

Ok we`ll see wont we.

Remember Willie Limond had 7kos in 30 fights 5 of which were at 122 or 126lbs.

Jamie Moore is a solid 154lb UK fighter i went to school with him ive never doubted him.

Like i said wait and see.

Andy Lee = Superb prospect, Amir Khan = Hype.

Im UK tis only the trans atlantic tripe buying into him.

Thread bookmarked by the way.

Comment

Good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X