Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Confused - Why Did Antonio Barrera Sign with Don King?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Confused - Why Did Antonio Barrera Sign with Don King?

I'm confused as to why did Barrera sign with Don King? What could Don King give him that he wasn't already getting or going to receive with Golden Boy? I thought Barrera and Oscar was a perfect match but I guess I was wrong. It just seems odd for Barrera who has lots of business experience to sign with Don King. Does anyone have any answers?

well he was upset about the decision over marquez and then pacquiao,
    and did not like that from GBP......my best guess is he has run out of ca$h;

Comment

Originally posted by niceguy45 View Post
      well he was upset about the decision over marquez and then pacquiao,
      and did not like that from GBP......my best guess is he has run out of ca$h;
      He was upset that GBP didn't fix his fights, so he went to Don King? That actually makes sense.

Comment

Because GBP showed true class in Unceremoniously ushering their first major star out from under their banner…he gave a title bout to JMM and they never pushed for a return bout even though the fight was fairly close and competitive…they also weren’t really too eager in setting him with fights that would provide the proper send off for a bon-a-fide legend

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
          Because GBP showed true class in Unceremoniously ushering their first major star out from under their banner…he gave a title bout to JMM and they never pushed for a return bout even though the fight was fairly close and competitive…they also weren’t really too eager in setting him with fights that would provide the proper send off for a bon-a-fide legend
          Barrera didn't want a rematch, he wanted the fight to be turned into a win for him. Just like the first Rocky fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Stewie View Post
            Barrera didn't want a rematch, he wanted the fight to be turned into a win for him. Just like the first Rocky fight.

He was unhappy with the result, that I can agree with…not wanting a rematch, not so sure…it would have given him a shot at redemption, not to mention a very nice payday for someone in the twilight of his career…I heard reports that he wanted to have a few farewell fights in Mexico and Texas but GBP weren’t too eager in accommodating those requests

Comment

do i smell morales vs barrera IV in 2009 ???????

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                He was unhappy with the result, that I can agree with…not wanting a rematch, not so sure…it would have given him a shot at redemption, not to mention a very nice payday for someone in the twilight of his career…I heard reports that he wanted to have a few farewell fights in Mexico and Texas but GBP weren’t too eager in accommodating those requests
                He got an unearned shot at Pac and looked ****!

Comment

Don King could get him a title shot at 135.

Comment

Working...
                  X