Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Crawford get to move up a weight class and fight 3 mediocre opponents while

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Basco View Post
    I like Danny a lot but his 2 gift decisions don't helphis case.
    those fights were not robberies or gifts...wanna see a robbery? Go watch Whitaker vs Chavez or Emmanuel Augustus vs courtney burton

people go overboard because DSG isnt blitzing guys like GGG or completely shutting them out 10-2 style like Mayweather.

Most his fights at the top level are competitive. He isnt an all time great but he knows how to find a way to win

Ive watched that herrera and Peterson fight everytime Its a close competitive fight that could go either way, not some travesty

DSG isnt even 30 and has a resume that craps guys that are hyped on here like Canelo....GGG....Lomachenko....lots of fighters

Garcia deserves a lot more respect than fans give him.

Comment

I'd have Danny higher on my list.

Comment

Terence Crawford is #6 P4P yet Danny isn't on the list. Tell me what sense that makes?

Kell Brook is #10 for crying out loud.

Out of all the young fighters in the sport Danny's resume is far and beyond the best.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
          Getting P4P hype where as danny moves up to a new weight class and fights 2 former world champions and everyone hates him?
          Terrence Crawford just signed for a unification bout with Postol tho.

Also, at least half of the hate Garcia is getting is crossover hate from Floyd. Floyd praised him as a multi division undefeated champ and said he will fight him if he comes out of retirement, now all the real *****s (by real *****s meaning his haters, who follow him even more than his fans) be transfering that hate to Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Terence Crawford is #6 P4P yet Danny isn't on the list. Tell me what sense that makes?

Kell Brook is #10 for crying out loud.

Out of all the young fighters in the sport Danny's resume is far and beyond the best.
            easily

everyone expects a fighter to be willie pep....dominate defensively or pull a julian jackson...blitz you.....DSG is a solid all arounder and he was went further than a lot of people expected. Especially how loaded 140 was the past 10 years

brook isnt p4p top ten in my book nor is he the number one ww....he has only fought 1 top ten ww his entire career. The division is wide open and fighting domestic opponents wont cut it.

Comment

The thing about Garcia is that, let's be honest, he isn't very skilled and is pretty limited and if P4P lists were all about skills he wouldn't be anywhere near them.

But here he is, still (officially) undefeated, beating guys everybody say he'd lose to. He reminds me of Froch, very limited fighter but makes up for his lack of P4P boxing ability with hard work.

Crawford on the other hand, is very talented but his resume is lacking. And yet, people still put him on their P4P lists.

So I guess what I'm saying is, P4P lists are subjective and I wouldn't worry too much about them. I have Danny on my list higher but that will change if Crawford fights and beats Postol while Garcia fights and beats Berto, apparently.

Comment

People hate danny because he got multiple gift decisions so therefore hes gonna get more criticism

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  those fights were not robberies or gifts...wanna see a robbery? Go watch Whitaker vs Chavez or Emmanuel Augustus vs courtney burton

people go overboard because DSG isnt blitzing guys like GGG or completely shutting them out 10-2 style like Mayweather.

Most his fights at the top level are competitive. He isnt an all time great but he knows how to find a way to win

Ive watched that herrera and Peterson fight everytime Its a close competitive fight that could go either way, not some travesty

DSG isnt even 30 and has a resume that craps guys that are hyped on here like Canelo....GGG....Lomachenko....lots of fighters

Garcia deserves a lot more respect than fans give him.
                  I agree with the Peterson fight not being a robbery, Peterson was too inactive in the beginning. But he absolutely lost against Herrera, and say what you want about the fight but Salka is the type of fighter that you fight after you lose a fight.

As for respect, just watch his father talk about how they are all about easy fights with no risk,"why not just fight a Salka".

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
                    I agree with the Peterson fight not being a robbery, Peterson was too inactive in the beginning. But he absolutely lost against Herrera, and say what you want about the fight but Salka is the type of fighter that you fight after you lose a fight.

As for respect, just watch his father talk about how they are all about easy fights with no risk,"why not just fight a Salka".
                    I you feel like he lost thats cool....it was a close competitive fight in my eyes. I wouldnt been upset if he lost, or it was a draw for either guy. Wasnt the easiest fight to score either.

screw angel....Danny is the one doing the fighting and deserves the respect. Dude isnt even 30 yet and was lineal champ at one weight and holds a major title in a second division.

He has never shown he was afraid to fight the best, his resume is up for all to see.

Comment

Look at the stable of fighting available for Danny to fight and look at Crawford's. Also remember one guy ducked Postol like the plague and the other is fighting him in July.

Comment

Working...
                      X