Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anybody watch The Klitschko's Documentary (Spoilers Warning)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anybody watch The Klitschko's Documentary (Spoilers Warning)

Good production value.

The part where Don King called them to his house to try to get them to sign with him was the best. He tried impress them by pretending to play the piano, when it was on Auto-Mode, playing Mozart by itself.

Brewster told a story about friends of his signing their life away to King, because he showed them a lot of money and said that this is their only offer, if they don't take it, it's gone. The Klitschko's were about to turn professional at that point.

Luckly, the Klitschko's were smart and didn't fall for it.

downloading now. will watch in the morning

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=513893

Comment

Is it English subtitled or what's the deal with it? Where can one find it?

Edit: Nvm, just reading about it now.
        Last edited by starjammer; 10-05-2011, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Great documentary, they covered everything about their lives perfectly, without revealing everything in a 24/7 HBO matter.

Their up's, their down's, their psyche. The differences between the brothers according to them, and according to others.

Comment

excellent documentary. . . very well done. . .

Comment

also the one here on boxingscene is english dubbed. . . thanks to the poster raskat who took the time to do that. . . very cool.

Comment

I found some parts lacking. It was a good documentary, but I would have liked to have seen some parts they cut out.

1. More conversation between the brothers. It was a story about brothers; yet they were rarely (if ever) interviewed together and their footage together either was stock, or planned. Why not follow them around a week?

2. How about showing more about what drove Vitali back to boxing, or even why he chose it over kickboxing. They never dove into that at all.

3. Maybe showing 2 sides to the stories. Meaning, I would have liked to have heard Vitali talking about what it was like seeing Wlad KO'ed or wlad talking about the Lewis fight or even the Byrd fight.

4. They made a documentary without showing literally any of their personal family lives...Hayden Pantierre was even shown; and she was flirting with Vitali kissing him on the cheek and patting his chest before a fight. It was odd. And yes, I know the difference between Vitali and Wlad...Vitali's wife was interviewed, but Vitali wasn't there.

To me the documentary just felt rushed and cheap. It was like they got access to these guys for 12 hours, on their terms, tossed some stock footage in there and some interviews of a few opponents and called it a day.

Also the theme seemed to change. It didn't know if it wanted to be the story of 2 brothers, 2 guys who rose up from nothing to become world champs, 2 boxers, or a morality tale about not giving up and "rising from the canvas." It seemed to want to be all of these, so none of the stories were flushed out well. One thing it definitely didnt try to be was a behind the scenes piece.

Favorite parts: The guy saying "Vitali is stone, Wlad is clay" and his explanation of it. The one friend they interviewed...apparently Wlad and Vitali have one friend. His panther story was pretty funny. Chris Byrd's face when his son repeatedly said, "My dad got beat up really bad."

It wasn't bad, but as documentaries go it was just average. Something like Hoop Dreams, or King of Kong (for a more lighthearted Doc), or Murderball; really are examples of great modern docs on people. Again though I am sure its hard to get permission to do a lot of things they wanted to do (especially with vitali wanting a political career). But if you watch the Doc, dont expect to see anything mind blowing, or controversial, or even really meaningful.

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
                  I found some parts lacking. It was a good documentary, but I would have liked to have seen some parts they cut out.

1. More conversation between the brothers. It was a story about brothers; yet they were rarely (if ever) interviewed together and their footage together either was stock, or planned. Why not follow them around a week?

2. How about showing more about what drove Vitali back to boxing, or even why he chose it over kickboxing. They never dove into that at all.

3. Maybe showing 2 sides to the stories. Meaning, I would have liked to have heard Vitali talking about what it was like seeing Wlad KO'ed or wlad talking about the Lewis fight or even the Byrd fight.

4. They made a documentary without showing literally any of their personal family lives...Hayden Pantierre was even shown; and she was flirting with Vitali kissing him on the cheek and patting his chest before a fight. It was odd. And yes, I know the difference between Vitali and Wlad...Vitali's wife was interviewed, but Vitali wasn't there.

To me the documentary just felt rushed and cheap. It was like they got access to these guys for 12 hours, on their terms, tossed some stock footage in there and some interviews of a few opponents and called it a day.

Also the theme seemed to change. It didn't know if it wanted to be the story of 2 brothers, 2 guys who rose up from nothing to become world champs, 2 boxers, or a morality tale about not giving up and "rising from the canvas." It seemed to want to be all of these, so none of the stories were flushed out well. One thing it definitely didnt try to be was a behind the scenes piece.

Favorite parts: The guy saying "Vitali is stone, Wlad is clay" and his explanation of it. The one friend they interviewed...apparently Wlad and Vitali have one friend. His panther story was pretty funny. Chris Byrd's face when his son repeatedly said, "My dad got beat up really bad."

It wasn't bad, but as documentaries go it was just average. Something like Hoop Dreams, or King of Kong (for a more lighthearted Doc), or Murderball; really are examples of great modern docs on people. Again though I am sure its hard to get permission to do a lot of things they wanted to do (especially with vitali wanting a political career). But if you watch the Doc, dont expect to see anything mind blowing, or controversial, or even really meaningful.

Good point ANTWOORD. . . Especially numbers (2) and (4). I would like to know about Vitali's kickboxing career, and why he made hte switch to boxing.

There were some shortcomings as you pointed out. . . Overall well done, though.

Comment

Working...
                  X