Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What factor was most responsible for Alvarez's victory last night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
    surely you've been here long enough, why are you surprised? i see this after every big fight on here. alot of people like to root for the underdog, or against a fighter they dislike. when it doesnt work out the excuses come out in full force. and they like to rehash past fights and sometimes imaginable fights to discredit a fighters performance
    It's a rhetorical question. I'm just having a laugh at the stupidity here and confronting people with their own ******ation, as per usual.

Comment

canelo beat the worst version of angulo i've ever seen........no credit. i was rooting for angulo to pull off the huge upset though (i didn't seriously think he could win on points but felt he could have a puncher's chance to pull off a KO considering his power), but soon realized it was not going to happen when he came out throwing half ass punches....he still a great man and great father.....but not a top level fighter (at least not anymore)

canelo still the biggest hypejob in boxing
      Last edited by Bermuda; 03-09-2014, 03:28 PM.

Comment

The Round by thread is embarssing for the web site as a whole. I seen everything from mafia to Angulo being drugged.

Meanwhile ignoring the fast, strong kid in front of him punching his face in and beating him to the punch the whole night.

I blame Putin.

Comment

Now he's a "shot fighter" when less then a year ago was giving Lara the fight of his life. No fights in between, no dramatic life changes, had the trainer of his preference, "had the training camp of his career." "He worked on his defense." "He's been sparring with Berto,Khan, Ward, getting mentored by Ward for this fight..... Yada Yada Yada.

The list goes on, everyone just needs to shut the f.uck, give Canelo his just due for being the better overall boxer in every category between the two.

And he won (to answer your question) because he's the better fighter, period.

I've been saying that since I heard them announce the fight. I told admins to ban Me if Canelo lost. I was 100% sure he would win unless some sort of freak punch landed.

I'm astonished that we're not all in compliance on this.

Comment

Had to be his ATG snake homie,had to be...TO LONG TO STRONG!!!

Comment

angulo threw punches like joe calzaghe cept with angulo speed. recipe for disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                Had to be his ATG snake homie,had to be...TO LONG TO STRONG!!!
                No way in hell was Angulo ever going to be able to contend with that monster, Larry.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                  Now he's a "shot fighter" when less then a year ago was giving Lara the fight of his life. No fights in between, no dramatic life changes, had the trainer of his preference, "had the training camp of his career." "He worked on his defense." "He's been sparring with Berto,Khan, Ward, getting mentored by Ward for this fight..... Yada Yada Yada.

The list goes on, everyone just needs to shut the f.uck, give Canelo his just due for being the better overall boxer in every category between the two.

And he won (to answer your question) because he's the better fighter, period.

I've been saying that since I heard them announce the fight. I told admins to ban Me if Canelo lost. I was 100% sure he would win unless some sort of freak punch landed.

I'm astonished that we're not all in compliance on this.
                  What's weird to me is the sheer amount of dislike Canelo has on this board. I don't get it...What'd he do, bukkake every user's grandmother or something?

Comment

People view boxing as though it is a computer simulation where human emotions are not accounted for. Getting pounced on from the opening bell, beaten to the punch on every occasion and hit with whatever the opponent sees fit will hurt and it will diminish your output.

Canelo did a great job of hurting his opponent and, of equal importance, preventing him from gaining balance. I don't think Angulo diminished as a fighter; people simply witnessed what happens when you put fighters in a different class in the ring with one another.

Comment

Lol at the Obama stuff. That was funny man.

It's funny people refuse to give Canelo credit, and I'm not even a fan of his. He beat Trout when he was undefeated and the #1 fighter at 154. And he just beat Angulo, who is at least a Top 10 154 fighter and one of the biggest punches around the weight. Angulo lost to Lara, but he dropped him twice, and fought a fairly even or close to it fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X