Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Cotto's leading candidates are Bradley, Rios and Algieri?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Are these proper opponents for his first middleweight title defense?

Seems like Arum is really trying to push for Bradley to get the shot or Rios, but Algieri could be an option for Cotto all fights would be at a catchweight.

Roach is pushing for Cotto to fight Khan at 155, or Rios.

I never saw a problem with Rios, Bradley or Algieri fighting Pacquiao at 147 or above 140 since they are pretty much bigger than him, but going up to 160? come on man, I hope this isn't true at all. If it is I will still watch but the only ones to gain anything from this are Cotto's opponents, its a lose lose for Cotto.

At least face a junior middleweight guy or middleweight guy for your first title defend at middleweight.
    Khan is dangerous -- he has that deceiving chicken legs dance of his.
    Algieri is too big -- Salka fits best.

Comment

Cotto Algieri for the MW title. That would be sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
        Bob Arum cares about glorifying his 5 bums stable and make them fight each other 2, 3, 4 times and more...
        You're right, Bob Arum doesn't care about the fans or the sport. Case and point, he kept Pacquiao away from Mayweather for 6 years.

Comment

Give Kirkland some step aside money (if the contract is even signed)...

Comment

Cotto is still a top fighter but he hasnt beaten anyone of note in years. A shot Margarito, Delvin Rodriguez and a crippled Martinez.

what he needs is an actual opponent in his own weight class not these guys.

Comment

Bradley should pimp Arum for 10 Million to fight Cotto at a CW of 152

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Bradley should pimp Arum for 10 Million to fight Cotto at a CW of 152
                Bradley will get the most money of all the guys listed, he has one of the best deals of any Arum fighter, it makes no sense either how he gets paid that much money without having a large fanbase.

He got paid more than Floyds last several opponents combined in two fight with Pacquiao.

Comment

#FightGolovkin

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                    Bradley will get the most money of all the guys listed, he has one of the best deals of any Arum fighter, it makes no sense either how he gets paid that much money without having a large fanbase.

He got paid more than Floyds last several opponents combined in two fight with Pacquiao.
                    I don't care about people's money... They have it -- good for them...

But Cotto-Bradley at 152/154/155 would be simply hilarious... I don't think that people would pay for such a thing...

Cotto as lineal MW champ is more than a funny situation...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      I don't care about people's money... They have it -- good for them...

But Cotto-Bradley at 152/154/155 would be simply hilarious... I don't think that people would pay for such a thing...

Cotto as lineal MW champ is more than a funny situation...
                      Bradley Cotto is a good fight. They're both basically the same size. The only thing that makes the fight a farce is because of the MW belt. Other than that, it's a damn good fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X