Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many headbutts will Ward land on Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
    It's more of an excuse than a discussion, I understand fears of clinches but headbutts and elbows???

It hasn't been a problem for years so why are you bringing it up now?
    Because of circumstance. Ward is in a position similar to the one he was in before the Kessler fight. Therefore it is relevant to discuss whether we think he will use the same dirty illegal tactics as he did back then.

Comment

Only one poster thinks that Ward will not land a single headbutt! Says it all!

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        I just don't like Ward's style. I find it extremely boring. You like it and it's all good. Ward needs fans.

I personally am undecided on who I think will win. I think that Wards lack of viable opposition in the past 5 years is a big issue. Had he fought a genuine top 10 lhw contender, he would have been better prepared.

Anyway that's not what this thread is about. Its about headbutts. Something that has been very subdued in Wards recent many fights, but a weapon that Ward will look to deploy again in this fight imo.

I hope for a referee who will enforce the rules of boxing.
        Ward will try to headbutt Kovalev for sure... looking to cut him and capitalize on that... no doubt... I might also predict some MMA elbows thrown by Ward as well... But that's what ward does against stiff opposition -- therefore Kovalev has to cope with these... But in case he doesn't, he's lost... Anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Because of circumstance. Ward is in a position similar to the one he was in before the Kessler fight. Therefore it is relevant to discuss whether we think he will use the same dirty illegal tactics as he did back then.
          Ward and Hunter will pull out all the dirty tactics for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Ward and Hunter will pull out all the dirty tactics for this one.
            I think so as well. They think they have a winning formula for fighting as a challenger. I hope the referee ensures that the fight will be fair.

Comment

Just 2 posters think Ward will not land a headbutt.

Comment

Working...
              X