Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao is the most overrated fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if Manny Pacquaio was one dimensional that was one incredible dimension

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
      because its david diaz dude, who put up no resistance, no speed, no power, limited all around
      well then the cotto fight is another example of how pac showed more variety...

Comment

He's overrated in terms of all the media and hype that got behind him, people thought he was the second coming of Ali. He was also matched up pretty well and fought fighters at the perfect time (DLH, Hatton, Mosley). With that said, I still think he's a hell of a fighter, an ATG hall of famer, and one of the best fighters of this generation. He was just never the "fighter of the decade" or the unstoppable monster people made him out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          He's overrated in terms of all the media and hype that got behind him, people thought he was the second coming of Ali. He was also matched up pretty well and fought fighters at the perfect time (DLH, Hatton, Mosley). With that said, I still think he's a hell of a fighter, an ATG hall of famer, and one of the best fighters of this generation. He was just never the "fighter of the decade" or the unstoppable monster people made him out to be.
          Totally spot on, I agree 100%. But these jealous broads talking as if dude is a bum or something.

Comment

Manny is basically a C level fighter with freakish physical attributes(if not from PEDS which we would never really know since he refused testing) that is carefully matched with fighter that don't exploit his C level game like pass primed, weight drained, flat footed, low skilled fighters in Margo, Clottey, Mosley, Cotto to name a few. Now when Pac is matched with guys with Skill, Manny gets either schooled or KTFO by them and even from light weights who Manny force to move up.

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
              Well if Manny Pacquaio was one dimensional that was one incredible dimension
              yeah, one that fmj was scared sh***ess of, lol

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                Manny is basically a C level fighter
                Does it fill your heart with anger that the carefully matched, C level fighter done stacked a fifth of a billion dollars into his bank account over the years? Be honest. If I was the jealous female type, I'd be mad as hell. Ain't even gonna lie.

Comment

Shallow Is As Shallow Does

Originally posted by phook View Post
                  a deminsional fighter.. 1 2 over and over again.. I mean c'mon
                  I see no body punch from this guy..
                  Not hating.. just stating my honest opinion
                  Of course you're hating, how could you not be? You went through the trouble of creating an amazingly shallow thread, a trademark of many posters on this site, so yeah your intent wasn't just to tell the truth. If Manny Pacquiao can earn no respect from you after he's put his health and welfare on the line then you're a really tough sell. Every-time he laces up a pair of gloves, the sport we love so much is enhanced.

Perhaps his style isn't to your liking, maybe he isn't a complete fighter, maybe he didn't have the best head movement but in the end, did he entertain his fans and contribute to the sport?

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                    Manny is basically a C level fighter with freakish physical attributes(if not from PEDS which we would never really know since he refused testing) that is carefully matched with fighter that don't exploit his C level game like pass primed, weight drained, flat footed, low skilled fighters in Margo, Clottey, Mosley, Cotto to name a few. Now when Pac is matched with guys with Skill, Manny gets either schooled or KTFO by them and even from light weights who Manny force to move up.
                    lmmfo...c-level fighter?...gtfoh...all the cats you mentioned, when head to head in the ring, manny pacquaio, still looked like a lilliputian, when he stepped in the ring with them...if anything, shane, oscar, cotto, margarito, should turn in their boxing liscenses, for losing to him...especially since he is, after all, a "c-level" fighter...
                    Last edited by djtmal; 12-14-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                      One dimensional fighter beat Cotto, Oscar, Mosley, and Hatton more convincingly?
                      Cotto-catchweight
                      Oscar-catchweight, weight drained, old and passed his prime
                      Mosley-old and passed his prime
                      Hatton-Good win.

Comment

Working...
                      X