No announcement yet.

For those who dislike catchweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    lol, so u didnt make it seem as if what he did was somehow better???
    LOL, you'll never find anywhere where I defended a SRL catchweight. You quoted and claimed that. Twas a lie, period.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      It's his best weight right now. I got Matt KO May at 140 easy, for example (usual 10m/lb overweight penalty). And all kinds of bums would be taking advantage of him at 135.

So the best fighter in the world will trade long lasting ridicule for 2lbs, 1 division above his best weight. Floyd knows
      Mayweather isn't getting KO'd by even anyone at 135 he can be a corpse and the bums down there would only SD him.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravestone View Post
        Mayweather isn't getting KO'd by even anyone at 135 he can be a corpse and the bums down there would only SD him.
        He couldn't go 12 rounds at 135, you kidding? You're right, he'd be tough to hit clean even then, but you'd just need to tap him and he'd be falling down and chicken dancing trying to get up. The ref would have to stop it for his own safety. That's, if he ever got past the steps and ring ropes on the way in.

Comment

• I wish they had never changed the system from weighing in about 8 hours before the fight to weighing in about 32 hours before the fight. But that is the system we have so if a fighter makes weight and comes into the ring weighing 15 pounds more than they did at the weigh in they have done nothing wrong. They are playing by the rules we have today. I have no problem with two fighters agreeing to a catchweight as long as no title is at stake. If a fight is for a world title I think the fighters should be able to come in at the top weight for that weight class.

Comment

• You mother****ers have been using your size advantage for years, and you still can't win.

Comment

• Originally posted by RapidFire_Royce View Post
              Well that sounds like that would be the result of fighters trying to fight in a weight division in which they could not properly make the weight. If you can't make the weight in a healthy fashion you shouldn't be trying to campaign at that weight.

Has anyone been doing any research into how many injuries could be caused by fighting someone who outweighs you by more than 10 lbs come fight night?

It seems like there should be more emphasis placed on fighters re-hydrating if they are truly worried about fighter safety.
              But then guys like Miguel Cotto would be expected to fight at middle and super middleweight at 5'7" that's not great news for him

Comment

Working...
              X