Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James DeGale Keeps Active, Faces Bosic June 8 At Glow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good, a busy fighter is a sharp fighter. I like DeGale and still have hopes for him, the Groves fight was anyone's imo

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I think he will struggle badly with Bika.
      Oh no doubt, it would be an extremely rough fight for DeGale.

Calzaghe and Ward struggled with Bika to an extent so I don't think that's such a bad thing. I just think its a far more favourable route to a title than Froch or Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenger Is God View Post

Calzaghe and Ward struggled with Bika to an extent so I don't think that's such a bad thing. I just think its a far more favourable route to a title than Froch or Ward.
        Is Bika a title holder?

I think Degale just needs to up his level.

I had high hopes for him when he turned pro and I thought he beat Groves but in the last few years I haven't been impressed at all with his progress.

He's been struggling badly at European level.

Comment

I like both Groves and Degale I though Degale won the first fight but it was close no robbery! He needs to keep fighting regularly no rush he has time in his side his early career was mismanaged because of the Olympic gold the loss may do him good he really had time to learn his trade now.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Is Bika a title holder?

I think Degale just needs to up his level.

I had high hopes for him when he turned pro and I thought he beat Groves but in the last few years I haven't been impressed at all with his progress.

He's been struggling badly at European level.
            Bika is fighting someone for the WBC title which Ward has now vacated I think.

Im hoping this WBC Silver belt that DeGale is lugging about is a route to a shot at the full version.

Comment

Rough fight?

He had a rough fight with Hadillah Mohoumadi for fuck sake, Bika would beat him pretty bad tbh. DeGale doesn't seem like he has a plan B, moves early on but is too comfortable on the ropes. It's not like he's good on them, he just watches what Mayweather does and tries to employ that style with little success.

The title route ends at Bika if he's a stop on it and I pray to God those odds favour DeGale. I'd be worried about putting Groves in with Bika, even those he's got a lot more about him I feel, it's still way too risky for what little reward there is.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                Rough fight?

He had a rough fight with Hadillah Mohoumadi for fuck sake, Bika would beat him pretty bad tbh. DeGale doesn't seem like he has a plan B, moves early on but is too comfortable on the ropes. It's not like he's good on them, he just watches what Mayweather does and tries to employ that style with little success.

The title route ends at Bika if he's a stop on it and I pray to God those odds favour DeGale. I'd be worried about putting Groves in with Bika, even those he's got a lot more about him I feel, it's still way too risky for what little reward there is.
                I think DeGale is the kind of fighter who fights to the level of his opposition. He'd be on it against a guy like Bika.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                  That's a fair enough point but do you think he won by several rounds? I still still 'robbed' is well off the mark.

I watched it with a mate & he had DeGale winning & I think I had a draw (or maybe Groves by one). But neither fighter won clearly in my opinion.

Similar to the Froch Dirrell fight although anyone who watched THAT bout on Showtime will have been tainted by the terrible commentary. But I don't want to side track.

Did you have DeGale a few rounds up?
                  I think he won it by around three rounds. Groves started well but once James got his act together and cut off the ring there was only one man in it imo. I think in the second half of the fight the only round that was debatable was maybe the ninth round after Degale stunned Groves in the previous session.

Comment

Bika is fighting someone for the WBC title which Ward has now vacated I think.

Im hoping this WBC Silver belt that DeGale is lugging about is a route to a shot at the full version.
                    Ah, ok.

Well in that case agree Degale should try and get that fight if possible but I'm not really sure what Mick Hennesy is doing with him to be honest.

I think Bika would probably beat him though. Would be a good fight though I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                      Rough fight?

Who's that guy he fought for the European title?

I forget his name, think he was Russian. I thought Degale lost that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X