Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a joke/troll post?

E

Comment

Apparently not. After watching the fight, I felt Bendo won, but a lot of people, including Uncle Dana seen it differently.....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
        Apparently not. After watching the fight, I felt Bendo won, but a lot of people, including Uncle Dana seen it differently.....
        I don't see how.

If anything I could give Frankie one round.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1gger View Post
          can you explain how? [it was close]

cause most of us scored it 4-1 Benson.
          I've only watched it the once. It's obvious that Bendo did the most damage and comparing their faces after the fight most people would think Bendo won.

But I noticed Frankie out landed Bendo and landed the more take downs etc. Which in a lot of peoples eyes means Frankie should have won.

I agree with the decision but I wouldn't be surprised if Frankie got the decision. It would be slightly controversial whichever way it went.

Comment

The way MMA is scored, it doesn't matter who "did the most damage" overall, it's scored on a round by round basis, based on certain subjective criteria. . KEY WORD: SUBJECTIVE. . .

Personally, I don't have a problem with the decision, but I thought that Edgar nicked it. . . I had it 3-2 Edgar. . But whatever, no problem. . Henderson fought his ass off, and fought a hell of a fight. . .

Edgar deserves a rematch, though. . . I wonder what Henderson rehydrated too? He looked like he had about 20 pounds on lil edgar. . .

Comment

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/02/...icial-ufc.html

Edgar got 5 takedowns and was given round 1. Henderson swept the rest, only losing out on leg kicks. Edgar did not outstrike him.

Comment

I thought Edgar was doing a better job than I expected given the size disadvantage...but lost the last 3 rounds. At end of the fight he was a beaten up guy and looked it...Benson didn't have a scratch on him and was fresh as could be. Couldn't have gone to Edgar by any stretch.

Comment

Get outta here with this bull****!!!!! Frankie Edgar is good dude, great fighter but got taken to the wood shed like he was being a bad boy at school. Smooth beat the hell outta him.

Comment

You guys must of watched a different fight then I did. While I gave Benson the decision it was so far from a one sided beating that I don't even know how you can come up with this ****. Also, face damage doesn't count for **** when a fight is scored round by round. You can damage someones face badly in the first round then lose the rest of the rounds. Look at Penn vs GSP 1. I'm not saying that's what happened here, but just because one guy or the other looks more beat up doesn't necessarily mean he lost the fight....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                      You guys must of watched a different fight then I did. While I gave Benson the decision it was so far from a one sided beating that I don't even know how you can come up with this ****. Also, face damage doesn't count for **** when a fight is scored round by round. You can damage someones face badly in the first round then lose the rest of the rounds. Look at Penn vs GSP 1. I'm not saying that's what happened here, but just because one guy or the other looks more beat up doesn't necessarily mean he lost the fight....
                      True but that isn't the case for this fight. It was pretty obvious Bendo did much more to win the fight than Edgar did.

I really don't see a close fight. If you counted catching kicks as good performance, maybe I can see it then. But I counted catching those kicks as damaging because they landed first and then on the pull back, Edgar caught them. And even then, he could never do anything with the caught leg. Bendo either punches his face (longer reach) or Edgar let go.

Comment

Working...
                      X