Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Alex Leapai on March 8 in Germany

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wlad aint droppin no belts, he earned them and he aint gonna give them a way. Wlad wins by TKO6

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
      but why give the public these fights when there's better options? I could see if this was his first one or two crap mandatories and not wanting to lose a belt right away but its not and hes held it for so long now and its the lesser prestigious of the other 2 titles anyway. dont see why he cant do what lennox did and others have done and just drop the belt and fight a more worthy challenger. its not like it would lessen his status any
      Because there is no need to do it. Did Lennox reach 60 wins in his HOF career? NO, and that's ok.

Wlad is in it to rack up title defenses and hold a monopoly on the division in a similar way that Hopkins did at 160. He should not vacate. All he needs to do is give us three fights per year, and he can easily squeeze in Fury and/or Pulev into the 2014 schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
        Because there is no need to do it. Did Lennox reach 60 wins in his HOF career? NO, and that's ok.

Wlad is in it to rack up title defenses and hold a monopoly on the division in a similar way that Hopkins did at 160. He should not vacate. All he needs to do is give us three fights per year, and he can easily squeeze in Fury and/or Pulev into the 2014 schedule.
        if he fights a top guy like pulev within a few months after this ridiculous defense i'll cut him some slack but I still dont feel he should be fighting this unworthy opponent mandatory or not

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
          if he fights a top guy like pulev within a few months after this ridiculous defense i'll cut him some slack but I still dont feel he should be fighting this unworthy opponent mandatory or not
          If it was for heartless guys like you, Rocky would've never gotten a shot at Apollo Creed and we wouldn't have had a movie classic.

Last edited by cupocity303; 12-11-2013, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Leapai drives a taxi cab for a living

If this makes it past 1 round I will be shocked

Comment

And I disagree with you. I think a Pulev victory does nothing for him.

I think he should duck Pulev for a year or so and let it marinate. The posters waiting on the sidelines who don't like Wlad, will go ape ****. Then after a good while, fight him and add him to the boxrec resume.

Simply discarding top contenders doesn't seem to be working for Wlad. He is a betting favorite in all of those fights anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X