Why We SHould Keep Political/Social Agendas Out Of Public Schools

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE]
    Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Yes they do. Come on now, you're either lying, refusing to accept the truth, or you don't watch Fox and are speaking out of ignorance.

FYI, O'Reilly isn't the only show on Fox. There are plenty of others. As to Mr Colmes, he has his own Fox show. He is the host of The Alan Colmes Show, a nationally syndicated talk-radio show distributed by Fox News Radio that also airs throughout the United States on Fox News Talk on Sirius and XM.

Speaking of representing principles, can you name a few people who represent conservative principles who are analysts, paid contributors, and co-hosts who are on MSNBC and CNN?
    Why do you keep bringing up CNN and msnbc? They are partisan hacks like Foxnews, what's your point? As far as the liberals on FN, they are about as fringe liberals as you can get. I have watched some of the commentary and they aren't anywhere near liberal as you would expect most liberals to be.

Not according to the ratings.

Then prove it.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ive-white.html

Avg age of Fox News viewership is 68, 71 for O'Reilly's show that is the highest rated. The prime time shows from 8-11 on Fox News are ALL opinion shows, there is no hard news.

So they are simply preaching to the choir, I mean who are they swaying? It's mostly old white men that they are preaching too, so what about minorities, women, the young and liberals or moderates? They are non existent.

You don't realize it but Fox News is doing more harm to conservatism and the republican party than they realize at the cost of ratings and money. They are just giving you what you want to hear, not changing the mind of anyone outside that mindset and keep pushing the same BS over and over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Why do you keep bringing up CNN and msnbc? They are partisan hacks like Foxnews, what's your point? As far as the liberals on FN, they are about as fringe liberals as you can get. I have watched some of the commentary and they aren't anywhere near liberal as you would expect most liberals to be.
      Because CNN and MSNBC are FoxNews's competition. I also did it because you accused them of being divisive, so I pointed out they have analysts, contributors, etc who are on the other side of the debate. I also pointed out their competitors do not do this and that I think the lack of debate is a reason for the ratings gap.

Fringe? Beckel ran a presidential campaign! Williams has been a liberal voice in the media for a good 25 years!

Again, you still haven't named ANY conservatives that hold the same positions that liberals do on Fox.....

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      The prime time shows from 8-11 on Fox News are ALL opinion shows, there is no hard news.
      And yet they still win in the ratings. So whatever CNN and MSNBC are trotting out during those times are even less popular.

So they are simply preaching to the choir, I mean who are they swaying? It's mostly old white men that they are preaching too, so what about minorities, women, the young and liberals or moderates? They are non existent.
      And CNN and MSNBC aren't preaching to their respective choirs?

And plus, that's false anyway. Heck, I've listed three liberals on Fox already, and one isn't a white guy.

You don't realize it but Fox News is doing more harm to conservatism and the republican party than they realize at the cost of ratings and money. They are just giving you what you want to hear, not changing the mind of anyone outside that mindset and keep pushing the same BS over and over.
      Ok, you're right on this. Conservatives tune in to see guys like Bob Beckel, Juan Williams, and Alan Colmes telling them what they want to hear. You got me.

They really should be more like MSNBC and trot out people like Rachel Madddow, Chris Matthews, and Al Sharpton that appeal to broad demographics.
      Last edited by 1bad65; 10-20-2014, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• religion is so stupid.

even stupider are the people who believe it.

Comment

• [QUOTE]
          Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Because CNN and MSNBC are FoxNews's competition. I also did it because you accused them of being divisive, so I pointed out they have analysts, contributors, etc who are on the other side of the debate. I also pointed out their competitors do not do this and that I think the lack of debate is a reason for the ratings gap.

Fringe? Beckel ran a presidential campaign! Williams has been a liberal voice in the media for a good 25 years!

Again, you still haven't named ANY conservatives that hold the same positions that liberals do on Fox.....
          Yet Fox news doesn't reach anyone outside their base, don't you see that's the issue? Less that 1% of African Americans watch Fox News, that's a shocking stat.

And yet they still win in the ratings. So whatever CNN and MSNBC are trotting out during those times are even less popular.
          Yes ratings to old white people who sit home and watch news, you are correct.

And CNN and MSNBC aren't preaching to their respective choirs?

And plus, that's false anyway. Heck, I've listed three liberals on Fox already, and one isn't a white guy.
          Not the people on the show, the people who watch. Fox News is not diverse in it's viewership, don't you see that as a huge problem?

Ok, you're right on this. Conservatives tune in to see guys like Bob Beckel, Juan Williams, and Alan Colmes telling them what they want to hear. You got me.

They really should be more like MSNBC and trot out people like Rachel Madddow, Chris Matthews, and Al Sharpton that appeal to broad demographics.
          Both do the same thing, they tune in to hear what they already believe, or in the case of the "liberals" on Fox News, they tune in to see them get owned all the time.

Do you want to know how liberal these so called liberals are on Fox News?

Juan Williams was fired from NPR for saying he gets nervous seeing people in Muslim garb. He was FOR racial profiling. Not very liberal at all.

Bob Beckel is the worst of all, he's absolutely a conservative in disguise. He just about opposes the separation of church and state, and kicked a Freedom from Religion guest off one of his shows.

Here's what Beckel did in the past:

a corporate lobbyist whose firm represents phone companies, the insurance industry and other corporate clients. Beckel frequently urges the Democratic Party to move to the right; he supported Clinton’s push for government downsizing, noting that “the unions will grumble, the left will scream” (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 9/14/93). During the Gulf War, he denounced protesters as “punks”.
          None of those clowns are real liberals, they are on the fence as liberals in SOME issues. Here's a nice break down of how liberal they are.

http://fair.org/extra-online-article...conservatives/

Come on man, don't push these fake liberals on me. Did you ever get around to reading the link I sent you about evolution? Let me guess, no you didn't...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            Get out of here with that racist garbage. The guy posted historical fact. You did not. You stereotype all whites when that is not factual in any way. How were the slaves freed here? By white people dying by the hundreds of thousands fighting to end black slavery. How did blacks get Civil Rights? By blacks AND whites working together to change the laws. Look at the famous 'Mississippi Burning' case. You had 3 young people fighting for Civil Rights murdered. One was black, and the other two were white.

Back to slavery. What those muslims did back then was pirate ships and take the crew and passengers as slaves. The African slaves got to America because their African brothers sold them to the white slavers. Solely blaming whites for American slavery only shows a serious ignorance of history.

And like Takingaim pointed out, those muslims also took blacks as slaves. Yet you only blame whites. As long as our society has people like you, we will always have racism.
            when did whites die by the 100, 000s? The American Civil War? LOL look into it, it didn't really end slavery. I know that may come as a shock to you.

And you're facts are straight from Wikipedia...yeah awesome stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              Fox News is not diverse in it's viewership, don't you see that as a huge problem?
              The ratings do not indicate a problem for fox. If Fox is only appealing to one demographic, what does that say about their competitors that have lower ratings?

Both do the same thing, they tune in to hear what they already believe, or in the case of the "liberals" on Fox News, they tune in to see them get owned all the time.
              If the liberals are getting owned in the debates, that might explain why CNN and MSNBC doesn't have conservatives around to debate the liberals on their shows! Good point.

Juan Williams was fired from NPR for saying he gets nervous seeing people in Muslim garb. He was FOR racial profiling. Not very liberal at all.
              Yup, he was fired for not blindly following the party line at NPR. And so he went to Fox, where dissension is obviously allowed.

And he was not racial profiling in any way. There is a difference between a race and a religion. There is/was a huge thread on this topic in this very area.

Bob Beckel is the worst of all, he's absolutely a conservative in disguise. He just about opposes the separation of church and state, and kicked a Freedom from Religion guest off one of his shows.
              Wow, so the Republicans somehow managed to get a conservative in charge of Walter Mondale's presidential campaign! Those sly devils.

None of those clowns are real liberals, they are on the fence as liberals in SOME issues. Here's a nice break down of how liberal they are.
              Yes, you've said this over and over. But what you have not done is name any conservatives on MSNBC or CNN who hold the same jobs/positions as these 'fake' liberals do on Fox.

Did you ever get around to reading the link I sent you about evolution? Let me guess, no you didn't...lol
              Red herring. Please, stick to the topic at hand. If you want to discuss a different discussion/thread, please drop me a PM if I have not responded in the thread in question.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                when did whites die by the 100, 000s? The American Civil War? LOL look into it, it didn't really end slavery. I know that may come as a shock to you.

And you're facts are straight from Wikipedia...yeah awesome stuff.
                Yes, the North lost a good 300,000 men fighting the war. It ended slavery in the States that seceded. Slavery was abolished in the remaining States shortly thereafter via the 13th Amendment which was adopted in December 1865.

I did not get those facts from Wikipedia. I assumed most of them were common knowledge, as I learned most of that stuff well before I graduated High School. FYI, facts are facts, no matter who the sources of the facts are.
                Last edited by 1bad65; 10-20-2014, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Msnbc is pure crap..

I have watched it for years, but can't do it any longer..

Hardball with chris Mathews
                  Rachel Maddox
                  Ed show

They literally have nothing to say but nitpick Fox News and talk crap...

I watched Rachel Maddox during the 2012 election season and literally all she did was make fun of Romney for wearing jeans...nothing of any substance..

Anyone that watches those shows and believes what they are saying is a complete idiot.. But 70% of the country is idiots so that's why America is going to hell in a hand basket..

Anybody that is educated and not an idiot would never believe there BS

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    Yes, the North lost a good 300,000 men fighting the war. It ended slavery in the States that seceded. Slavery was abolished in the remaining States shortly thereafter via the 13th Amendment which was adopted in December 1865.

I did not get those facts from Wikipedia. I assumed most of them were common knowledge, as I learned most of that stuff well before I graduated High School. FYI, facts are facts, no matter who the sources of the facts are.
                    like I said, it didn't end slavery...

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      like I said, it didn't end slavery...
                      First off, it did end it in the States that seceded. Second, the 13th Amendment could never have been adopted (at that time, at least) without the war being won by the Union. The war ended in April, and the 13th was adopted in December of that year. Considering the time it takes for legislation/Amendments to go through the political process our Constitution calls for, do you really think the war didn't end slavery?

At this point it looks like you are arguing just for the sake of arguing.

Comment

Working...
                      X