Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the big deal with Rigondeaux? Please stop!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    Aside from winning gold at the olympics in 2000 and in 2004 (9 and 13yrs ago), he has fought nobody nor beat anyone of note. Why are people so high on this guy? He's only had 11 pro fights. People bash Canelo for not proving himself enough to step in the ring with Floyd yet Rigo has made less of a case for himself. He has done absolutely zilch.
    There is no question it would be far better if Rigondeaux had a more impressive pro record but make no mistake he is a great boxer. Of that there is no doubt.

Comment

I expect Nonito to walk right thru Rigo and be done with it.
      Last edited by Outwest Exp 355; 02-03-2013, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Rigondeux reminds me of Joan Guzman. Big time hype by alotta people on this site and I really can't see why. Especially rigondeux dudes had 11 fights and hasen't beat anybody. I wanna see nonito beat a Mickey Garcia or Gamboa. That kinda win would really cement his place as a top top dog.

Comment

I don't either but we will see if he's real if they fight.

Comment

I think Donaire beats any 122 pounder but Mares is more of a threat than Rigondeaux. Rigondeaux is fast, and a dangerous puncher, especially to the body, so he is not to be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS
              Quote:

Originally Posted by Deevel916

I'm fully aware of the circumstances surrounding Cuban fighters. I still say that Rigo has done absolutely nothing to demand a shot at the #1 fighter in the division.

Actually Rigondeaux is ranked #1. Donaire is the champ. So quite obviously he deserves a shot. Besides, other than Mares who the hell can Donaire fight at 122? Makes the most sense.

As for Rigondeaux, hes a title holder. All you have to do is watch him fight to realize he's a special fighter.
              lol "special". special as in he gets praise for nothing except beating bums

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Great thread. Agreed.

Comment

fakin idiot

Comment

Comment

Lol what a moron!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X