Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Does Gennady Golovkin Fear Greatness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    I just dont get why he needs a catchweight for Ward but not Froch or Chavez jr...makes 0 sense to me
    Cuz they know what's up.

Comment

Originally posted by BertoRollin' View Post
      He fights in the ring above 170 pounds already
      yes, but clearly there is a difference between the water weight that one can boil off and regain within a day before a fight and the actual muscle underneath it. ward is 168 lbs of muscle (hence he can't make 160 lbs); golovkin is 160 lbs of muscle (hence he can make 160 lbs). to fight ward without being at a huge disadvantage he'd have to gain 8 lbs of muscle

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
        do you understand how yo-yoing in weight can affect a 33 year old athlete's body?
        He has come in at 170+ come fight time before.

It's a non issue.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
          I'm not sure why he has to move up and fight Andre Ward at all, but if he does I'd prefer he not insist on the 164 CW. If he stays at 160 there is still Lemieux, Lee, Quillin, Cotto/Canelo and a couple of decent contenders he can spread out if it turns out not to be easy to make the aforementioned fights. But yes, I am eager to see him against stronger competition as well.

What offer? Isn't Andre Ward just talking about how he'd take that fight at 168? I don't think is gone nearly far enough for them to have seriously talked about location, $, etc.

>Hagler never moved up

Answer: Because 168 wasn't really a recognized/established division yet. And if he had the opportunity to face one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world by moving up, I believe he would.

Assuming what Hagler would do is not a very convincing argument. All you can say for sure is that Hagler didn't move up, but also that he definitely wasn't afraid of taking on anyone at 160.
          But they wont fight him doe right

Comment

Lol. Same fans who don't want Rigo to move up. He's too small doe.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
              I'm not sure why he has to move up and fight Andre Ward at all, but if he does I'd prefer he not insist on the 164 CW. If he stays at 160 there is still Lemieux, Lee, Quillin, Cotto/Canelo and a couple of decent contenders he can spread out if it turns out not to be easy to make the aforementioned fights. But yes, I am eager to see him against stronger competition as well.

What offer? Isn't Andre Ward just talking about how he'd take that fight at 168? I don't think is gone nearly far enough for them to have seriously talked about location, $, etc.

>Hagler never moved up

Answer: Because 168 wasn't really a recognized/established division yet. And if he had the opportunity to face one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world by moving up, I believe he would.

Assuming what Hagler would do is not a very convincing argument. All you can say for sure is that Hagler didn't move up, but also that he definitely wasn't afraid of taking on anyone at 160.

I never said he had to move up. I'm asking why won't he take this opportunity to become the best fighter in boxing pound for pound. If he defeats Andre Ward, he is the clear successor to Mayweather's pound for pound throne and becomes the most dominant fighter of the next era.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                Not me. My attitude is move up or shut up. And stop deflecting.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  do you understand how yo-yoing in weight can affect a 33 year old athlete's body?
                  Please it's 8 pounds and Floyd been doing it for years going to 147 and 154...GGG is great doe

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                    More deflection...usual tactic

Comment

Originally posted by BertoRollin' View Post
                      Not me. My attitude is move up or shut up. And stop deflecting.
                      Thats all they do is deflect..that's their main tactic

Comment

Working...
                      X