Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bob Arum the true reason why Floyd and Pacman haven't fought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Floyd is just the most popular guy to blame because a lot of people hate him...but if Pacquiao was with Golden Boy Promotions, Dan Goossen, DiBella, Shaw...FIGHT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED ALREADY!!!

Arum has a personal vendetta against Mayweather and he had it since Mayweather left Top Rank...now I am not saying it is all Arum fault, I have posted on this forum before that "I THINK BOTH SIDES ARE FULL OF ****"! And I still believe that BOTH SIDES are RESPONSIBLE!
    Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 09-03-2011, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Which is the projected numbers off the PPV buys. Not from Arum pocket. Arum gets paid a % of what Pac makes.

The other fighters on the PPV card get paid from Arum pockets.
      I don't think it's from "the projected number of PPV buys". The projected number is a hope of how successful the show will be. He already has agreed on a guaranteed purse. Whatever the actual number of PPV buys comes to be, MannyP either gets a set number of dollars for each PPV, or a percentage of the whole, perhaps even, after a certain number of buys has been reached. It depends on what the contract says and that's between them and the IRS, and not known to US.

If MannyP.'s guaranteed purse for the fight is not reached (say for a failed promotion) then the promoter makes up the balance of MannyP.'s guaranteed purse, from his pocket. He is also responsible for paying for everything else...EVERYTHING. The fighters are responsible to turn up in good shape and fight. So the success or failure of any fight is nearly always, how good the promotion of that fight has been, how attractive it has been made to seem to the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
        Arum doesnt even care about Manny he's robbing him blind,even convinced the man to fire the legal firm the exposed his robbery
        You know Larry, I always though you were a bit ODD, but now I believe that you are actually crazy. Throwing around unproven accusations like that..You should be ashamed to expose yourself like that. let me know, when this "NEWS" of yours is actually reported as FACT.

In the meantime.......Take treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
          There must be some really ******ed people in here LOL. Why would Pac care about OSDT if he's going to make some $$$. Pac could give a **** about drug testing, all he need to know is how much he will get pay. I can hate needles as much as I want too, but if I stand to make a certain $$$ from , M****er just set the fight up. The truth is that Pac don't want none of Floyd and anyone with half a brain knows it. You don't just have people left and right calling Pac the catch weight king.
          Fixed!

With the slightest bit of effort and your argument can be turn against you? Now that that's done, shouldn't you be asking yourself, why it doesn't apply to Pac as well?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetscience18 View Post
            Arums the promoter, he picks the fighters and venues and Manny and his camp decide which fighter he wants

Promotes the fight, gives the fighter money for his training expenses, transportation, and boarding. After the fight the promoter comes into the locker room and has the fighter sign his name to the check and money is then transferred from the promoters bank account into the fighters...i dont know how many employees pay their bosses maybe you can help me out.
            Arum recently described how Top Rank picks a few, generally 3 fighters and MannyP. (and presumably Roach) decides who,( if any,) he wants to fight. The reason, which you don't mention, that Top Rank picks the fighters, is because they, being PROMOTERS, are BEST QUALIFIED to know which matchups will MAKE THE MOST MONEY, and then put on the whole promotion. That is their job, and that's is the MAJOR thing they agreed to do for MannyP.

The more money the fight produces, the more money the fighter makes. All according to contract. So you are not correct in this point. If MannyP wanted none of the 3 presented, but had a choice of his own, he would tell Top Rank, and they would examine the potential for the amount of expected revenue that fighter might generate. I'm pretty sure anyway, that Arum discusses the fighters with Freddy Roach beforehand anyway, to WINNOW down the potential opponents, for the least risk for the most return.

Comment

Arum can't do **** if his negotiating with a dysfunctional Mayweather?! Oscar has a more easy time with Fraud because "Two birds with the same feather f@ck-up together right?!"

Comment

Originally posted by sweetscience18 View Post
                Pacs purse comes from a percentage agreed upon in a contract made by his promoter......
                Not in a contract "made by his promoter" but in a contract made WITH his promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by 1dcsailor View Post
                  I posted that information on page 6. Info here
                  Thank you. I think it's pretty much what I've been saying, but to which no one has been listening. Both JRosales and Sweet Science are right in some points and wrong in others.

The actual fact that some people get so hot over what fighters make or Promoters make, is a mystery to me. It's not our business except for an academic interest, and we'll never know anyway, until we might read something years later in a report from a Bankruptcy Court.

Comment

Wiborn has a ear piece in...that means that espn is telling him what to say...Real Talk!

Comment

Yes. Bob Arum is terrible for the sport of boxing. Pacquiao/Cotto/Margarito would have fought Mayweather if Bob wasn't around. That's why Manny makes hAlf of Floyds $ cuz of Bob. That said Bob has helped Pacquiao's legacy by picking careful fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X