Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far do you push your body if its sore?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    all that I will say is that if we both had boxers that we trained and we matched them up my boy would eat your boy like the dog he would be. You would raise a fighter that would resemble a horizontal slit with flanges covered in heavy secretions, is that tuna?

it's either pain or injury.........Rockin'.
    Now you being just plain weird...and that's all I will say.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      Now you being just plain weird...and that's all I will say.
      He's just a classless turd, anyone with an opinion different than his own and he resorts to insults and a load of bull****
      Last edited by IronBoxer; 11-29-2011, 09:49 PM.

Comment

any time i experience unusual soreness i try to stretch that area out for a good few minutes...if it doesnt feel noticably better within a day or two i bring it up with trainer

luckily, some of our trainers have a lot of experience in fields like sports injuries

i think there really is a fine line between soreness and injury though

Comment

Thanks for all the input guys. I went to boxing yesterday. I did not feel at my best but after I stretched and warmed up I was able to at least get a good work out in. I think that its just all about at what point you current physical condition is at and you have to build yourself up to certain points. Like I said, I had'nt ran that hard in a year. The thing that made me think was when I could'nt bounce on my feet a few minutes after my run even if I tried. So it got me thinking that maybe that's just my body and it got a me a little scared because there must be other boxers out there that can endure more than my body. So I was thinking dang my legs were gone the next day after my run but there are probably people out there who could of played soccer the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMelvern View Post
            Thanks for all the input guys. I went to boxing yesterday. I did not feel at my best but after I stretched and warmed up I was able to at least get a good work out in. I think that its just all about at what point you current physical condition is at and you have to build yourself up to certain points. Like I said, I had'nt ran that hard in a year. The thing that made me think was when I could'nt bounce on my feet a few minutes after my run even if I tried. So it got me thinking that maybe that's just my body and it got a me a little scared because there must be other boxers out there that can endure more than my body. So I was thinking dang my legs were gone the next day after my run but there are probably people out there who could of played soccer the next day.
            So then you are just starting out with it. Just take your time getting up to speed and don't keep trying at this point to constantly push yourself beyond what you can do. If you want to take it seriously then you are in it for the long haul...what difference will it make in 3 yrs from now if you took a few months to get your conditioning up to par whereas...if you lock something up now or tweak something because you were impatient you likely will suffer from chronic pain all those yrs and might give up prematurely. The time to push hard is when you know your body can take it and even then...you can only do so in cycles and will need periodically to back off and recover fully before pushing forward again. That's how you ultimately reach your potential...2 steps forward...1 step back.

Comment

I was under the impression that this kid has been boxing before, not walking in all green..........Rockin'

Comment

Depends on what is sore.... If it's my back, my hands, or my elbows... I rest to avoid injury... Legs and arms, I always push through.

Comment

Originally posted by IronBoxer View Post
                  He's just a classless turd, anyone with an opinion different than his own and he resorts to insults and a load of bull****
                  I didn't want to write the word but you guys will bring up fighters that will fold when the going gets tough, *******.

and you're a douchebag.

what credentials you got to talk such trash.......Rockin'
                  Last edited by Rockin'; 11-30-2011, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMelvern View Post
                    I dodnt know if its my specific body/genes but some times I feel like I cant push it as far as others. I feel like my muscles need more time to recuperate. I honestly had not ran in a year, just didnt have time to so I would work hard in the gym. I have been doing strenuous work in the gym making my lungs burn and I move alot/ bend my legs. Well I went running on Saturday at a track. I ran a mile(4 laps), then I upped the speed in the 2nd mile to finish it in about 7 minutes. My legs were so cramped right after that I couldnt even bounce on my feet until maybe 20 mins after which surprised me considering I use my legs alot. All of Saturday I could move around good but over night they got bad and yesterday I could really feel the soreness. I was trying to intake alot of protein so I could be ready to go to boxing again today but my legs are still sore to the point where it stings walking down stairs. I really want to go to boxing today I already missed 4 days. Whats going on here? What should I do? Im a hard worker and Im willing to push my body but sometimes my body just completely rejects that way of thinking for as tough as I want to be there is nothing I can do about it.
                    Listen to your body. Everyone is different. If you're too sore too work out you'll risk injury and you'll perform sluggishly anyhow. Take a few days off. If you absolutely must go to the gym, do light work focusing more on flexibility and let your body recover.

There's nothing good about overtraining.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                      I was under the impression that this kid has been boxing before, not walking in all green..........Rockin'
                      Ive been boxing for 5 years but i always wanted to rest my body when needed be. i will train when my body feels sore to a certain extent . But i never trained when my body was extremely sore like the other day to the point where i can barely walk. In the past year ive been training harder upping my conditioning and i can do things i couldnt do before. Im trying to learn the mpst i can i am still young. Recently i thought about this because i said to my self what are other boxers out there doing especially professionals. I also wondered about my bodys limitations in comparison to others.

Comment

Working...
                      X