No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Still Ponders Pre-Pacquiao Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Convicted_Felon View Post
    They claim they want Floyd but they are clearly looking to fight everyone else. A 4th fight with Marquez??? Stop the nonsense and fight Floyd! He aint afraid of that PED using freak and when he comes into the ring free of juice, he will get beat badly. Is Floyd's toe to toe style scaring them? Bob said Floyd would stink up the event by running. We know his defense is on point in close quarters as well so Manny will get beat anyway he wants it. Floyd will fight Manny toe to toe and end him. Step up boy and stop hiding from your destiny.
    hmmm did u even read the article?? this is marquez talking about how he wants a 4th fight with pac, nowhere in that article did it says anything about top rank or team pac in talks with a 4th marquez bout.

Comment

Originally posted by APBrooklyn View Post
      Wouldnt mind @ all if he fought Zab before a Pac rematch. even though Zab does poorly against certain size frames and type of styles, Zab is a veteran and a quick-strong Southpaw and I think that it would be a very intresting fight...with Marquez KO'ing Zab late. Not really intreted in any other fights for Marquez
      I'd be very tempted to pick Judah to beat JMM.

Comment

its a shame how boxing works where we already know whos fighting pacquiao next... no excitement or anticipation, i have ZERO interest in a 4th fight....

also its really starting to get creepy off how much marquez is obsessed with pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
          Its very interesting to me that Team Pacquaio publically claims to want a Mayweather fight but JMM seems 100% certain that he'll be fighting Pac this fall. Much like Bradley knew he'd be fighting Pac this time around. And much like JMM knew he'd be fighting Pac last fall. And much like Mosley knew he'd be fighting Pac before that, and Margarito before that and Clottey before that and on and on. Makes you say hmmmm.
          There are always two sides of the same coin. Question is, does Mayweather want the fight badly enough? It's clear the answer is no.

You don't negotiate in the position of weakness. You don't look for another job by leaving your current one. Otherwise, you'll be forced to accept anything they offer you. This is simple common sense.

Mayweather is holding up this fight. If he really wants the fight he'll do the right moves, believe me.

Comment

he'll do the right thing

Comment

this s**t is ridiculous already

Comment

If Marquez HAS to fight a lefty, make it Zab Judah. Gesta is just not experienced enough for Marquez, and Judah looked remarkable in his last performance.....

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                  There are always two sides of the same coin. Question is, does Mayweather want the fight badly enough? It's clear the answer is no.

You don't negotiate in the position of weakness. You don't look for another job by leaving your current one. Otherwise, you'll be forced to accept anything they offer you. This is simple common sense.

Mayweather is holding up this fight. If he really wants the fight he'll do the right moves, believe me.
                  Mayweather isn't holding the fight up any more than Pac. When Mayweather was calling Pac out, Pac and crew came with multiple excuses as to why it couldn't happen on the proposed May 5 date. Pac's cut, temporary stadiums, etc. So let's not make this a Mayweather problem. Actually, Pac is the one continually changing the bar. Mayweather has always said take the tests. Mayweather has always said he won't fight for 50/50. Ironically, when Pac said he would take the ests and fight for less is money is when Mayweather seemed to most want the fight. Then came the excuses and then the ultimate "I won't fight for less than 50/50" renig from Pac that killed negotiations. It is what it is. If money is the issue, Ariza recently came out and said Mayweather's numbers are better and deserve the lion's share. He doesn't deserve 100% of the PPV revenue. But Pac doesn't deserve 50% either. So in the end, they're both holding up the fight if they stick to those numbers.

Comment

NOW I'm Convinced Marquez IS An Idiot & Poorly Managed!

Are you kidding me? JMM you had three (3) shots at Pacquiao, and you weren't convincing enough. You can't live with that. That's YOUR doing. Now you're adamant about a 4th shot, and if that doesn't bode well for you, you'll not rest until you have a 5th shot, and so on. EACH fight you prepared for Manny, you lined up all the southpaws possible to prepare. That didn't help you win the fight. At this stage of your career, I'd say you know how to fight a southpaw, you bring them into your camp, you had three (3) shots at Manny... we get it, you get it. You haven't been promised a shot at Pacquiao a 4th time, yet this July venue, you're deciding between Gesta-Who, Judah (a has-been), and another No-Name. AND... you want to move the venue out of Texas Stadium, where 100,000 fans could have packed the house with a fight against Erik Morales!!!! That payday, this late in your career, would have been mammoth for both you and Morales. The enormous hispanic population in Texas, neighboring states in New Mexico & Arizona, not to mention south of the border, your homeland. YOU WANT TO WASTE THIS OPPORTUNITY OF FIGHTING ANOTHER MEXICAN LEGEND, WHO THE TWO OF YOU NEVER FOUGHT ONE ANOTHER, YET BOTH FOUGHT PACQUIAO & BARRERA MULTIPLE TIMES, on a young, light hitting fast hands, NO-NAME Gesta-Who, or a washed up, sometimes shows up, Zab Judah, or some other tomato can, for a jillion dollars less, and the chance you never get a 4th shot with Pacquiao?!!? Juan Manuel Marquez, who I have always had a wealth of respect for, is an IDIOT, as is his MANAGEMENT TEAM. Nobody buys a Gesta fight. Nobody buys a Judah fight. Nobody buys another no-name tomato can opponent. EVERYBODY buys MARQUEZ VS MORALES. PLUS... it's a credible thing to do, as you close out a Hall of Fame career. It's good for both Marquez and Morales. It's good for Mexico. It's good for Boxing and the fans across the globe. And it's good for your bank account. Gesta, Judah & Co. is no good for anyone, except those rubes gravy training a paycheck off your name. And I have news for you, you've thrown your best shot at Manny Pacquiao, and come up short. If given a 4th shot, you don't win that fight either, so get over yourself. Marquez is an IDIOT for not fighting country-legend Morales, and his management team is on that same Idiot Train.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                      Mayweather isn't holding the fight up any more than Pac. When Mayweather was calling Pac out, Pac and crew came with multiple excuses as to why it couldn't happen on the proposed May 5 date. Pac's cut, temporary stadiums, etc. So let's not make this a Mayweather problem. Actually, Pac is the one continually changing the bar. Mayweather has always said take the tests. Mayweather has always said he won't fight for 50/50. Ironically, when Pac said he would take the ests and fight for less is money is when Mayweather seemed to most want the fight. Then came the excuses and then the ultimate "I won't fight for less than 50/50" renig from Pac that killed negotiations. It is what it is. If money is the issue, Ariza recently came out and said Mayweather's numbers are better and deserve the lion's share. He doesn't deserve 100% of the PPV revenue. But Pac doesn't deserve 50% either. So in the end, they're both holding up the fight if they stick to those numbers.
                      Let's cut the bull and lemme ask a simple question: If you are Mayweather what would you do to make the fight happen? Assuming you really want the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X