No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trout's Promoter Hits Back at WBC Over Canelo Refusal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Trout's Promoter Hits Back at WBC Over Canelo Refusal

Greg Cohen, the promoter of "regular" World Boxing Association (WBA) junior middleweight champion Austin Trout, is hitting back at Jose Sulaiman, president of the World Boxing Council (WBC), for his public refusal to sanction a unification with WBC champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez on September 15th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. At a press conference in Mexico, Sulaiman said a unification with the WBA would cause his organization to lose "authority and exclusivity."

[Click Here To Read More]

..... acting like Trout tested positive for roids or something.

Comment

Funny and ridiculous at the same time

Comment

Austin Trout Vs. Canelo.....Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Comment

he's giving Canelo and his team an excuse for not fighting Trout.

like I said Canelo isn't going fight a creditable opponent, not with a future fight with Cotto looming. too much money is at stake and they won't risk Canelo losing.

so no Lara, no Trout, no Vanes.. K9 might even be too risky. I'll say it right now it's Ricardo Mayorga.

Mayorga is known and washed up, the prefect Canelo type opponent.

Comment

Damn, Sulaiman's ****ed up...haha

Comment

Weed? This is some bull**** reasoning right here.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
                he's giving Canelo and his team an excuse for not fighting Trout.

like I said Canelo isn't going fight a creditable opponent, not with a future fight with Cotto looming. too much money is at stake and they won't risk Canelo losing.

so no Lara, no Trout, no Vanes.. K9 might even be too risky. I'll say it right now it's Ricardo Mayorga.

Mayorga is known and washed up, the prefect Canelo type opponent.
                Wait.... Vanes is too risky?
                JESUS!
                Are they only going to take fights against WW's and JMW's who're shot or undersized?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  Wait.... Vanes is too risky?
                  JESUS!
                  Are they only going to take fights against WW's and JMW's who're shot or undersized?
                  Vanes might be, he's got good movement and can box. Canelo won't do well when somebody doesn't just stand there in front of him. Alvarez doesn't move that well and has slow foot speed. so Vanes might be too much of a threat.

I'd consider Baldomir a washed up super lightweight
                  Mosley is a washed up welterweight
                  Williams, before his terrible accident was looking pretty shot too.

GBP is giving Canelo the soft touch, it's fine he's young whatever.. but come on GBP isn't risking the red head when a Cotto fight is coming up.

Comment

Marijuana??? Come on Sulaiman thats the best excuse you can come up with. The sad part about it is that it makes Canelo look like a punk, hes not afraid of Trout, Sulaiman is afraid of Trout. Sulaiman needs to die SOON.

Comment

Working...
                    X