Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you support UFC type gloves in boxing??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I think boxing should switch some **** up for sure. Idk if I want UFC gloves on guys doe. I think you could go lighter to get some more KO's. More KO's = more people into boxing cuz KO's are obviously more attractive to fans than 12-0 elite boxing decisions.

I'd like to see holding/clinching gone for sure. I think that breaks up the action for too often & less to no allowing of it would led to more exciting fights & more KO's. And honestly I'd kinda like to see those Dempsey rules back in play where you could stand over a mfer & hit him as he got up after a KD. Again with the thought that more KO's = more interest.
    I think moving in that direction would be a good idea, the way Wlad fought against Povetkin was DQ worthy long before the halfway point.

Going back to the smaller type of gloves seen in a previous era might be worth considering and make for better fights. Something maybe one state could trial and see how it goes.

Comment

Worth a try. I'd like to see a few fights with those type of gloves. It would definitely be interesting to see how much it would change the way some boxers approach the fights when it comes to game plan and everything if they introduce smaller gloves.

Comment

Never going to happen! Maybe BKB can provide that for you

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
          No gloves change, but the sport needs to start discouraging spoiling tactics(running-clinching-fouling) and having a regulatory ring size for some weight classes......
          That's something that needs to happen. Tolerating clinching is rewarding guys for their lack of pocket fighting skill.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
            I like boxing as it is. Plenty of other places you can satisfy your bloodthirst.
            Nope! Not at all. I want to see adaptation under adversity!
            I can pay bums to fight if I wanted to see carnage!!

Comment

Working...
            X