No announcement yet.

Hitman Hearns: What if...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raf727 View Post
    You could have Tommy at #1 P4P ATG and it wouldn't be 'wrong', there is no right or wrong.
    This statement is wrong.

Comment

Easier said than done

Comment

To compare Hearns to Sugarman is the dumbest comment on this forum (no offense) !!
        Tommy was a good boxer with a strong right hand with an average chin who once he got hurt was done!
        Sugarman could out box, out punch (both hands) and out tuff him and most important out "think him easily". You never saw Sugarman on the ropes getting the snoot beat out of him like Leonard did to Hearns and no one was picking Sugarman up from being knocked out cold as Hagler did to Hearns. Neither Leonard or Hagler were known as one punch KO artists were as Sugarman could knock out fighters with either hand!
        If you don't understand boxing methods and techniques then look at the records of Hearns in comparison to Robinson, are you serious! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMedium View Post
          he's already third best welterweight. but if he had beaten leonard and hagler decisively, i think he might have had an argument for goat. blasphemy to some i know, but those guys aren't considered close to being the best or the best all time in their divisions by some for no reason.
          Elaborate....

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          That fight was closer than people think. If he runs for three rounds Leonard probably evens the points tally in all seriousness.
          Agreed.

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Unbelievable, classic case of overrating Robinsons tools.
          Tommy Hearns carried his power all the way upto cruiserweight where he was starching some pretty useful 200lb'ers. I'm telling you for a fact Robinson hit absolutely noway near as hard as Hearns who is p4p one of the hardest punchers to ever lace them up.

Better coordination?
          This is an absolute lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            That fight was closer than people think. If he runs for three rounds Leonard probably evens the points tally in all seriousness.

I was about to say the same thing. Actually, if he did pull a Delahoya(vs Trinidad), it would diminish his legacy in my view. As far as Hagler, Hearns would lose the sme way regardless of how he fought.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
              Elaborate....

Agreed.

This is an absolute lie.
              elaborate what? hagler and leonard are 2 of the best fighters their best divisions have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                This statement is wrong.
                Please elaborate, what is the objective standard for rating the #1 P4P ATG? Making a statement like that and not having any kind of explanation leads me to believe you have no idea what you are talking about.

People always see things different, rating fights is based on opinion. Sure there is some general agreement as to what separates the greats from the very goods, but with boxing there are so many different opinions on where boxers are ranked because people just weight the achievements differently and there is almost universally at least a slight bias towards the era of fighters you grew up watching or towards the 'old timers.'

There is no criteria for 'the best' it is opinion brother.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMedium View Post
                  elaborate what? hagler and leonard are 2 of the best fighters their best divisions have ever seen.
                  You said they were considered that by some for no reason.

Comment

i mispoke. my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by raf727 View Post
                      Please elaborate, what is the objective standard for rating the #1 P4P ATG? Making a statement like that and not having any kind of explanation leads me to believe you have no idea what you are talking about.

People always see things different, rating fights is based on opinion. Sure there is some general agreement as to what separates the greats from the very goods, but with boxing there are so many different opinions on where boxers are ranked because people just weight the achievements differently and there is almost universally at least a slight bias towards the era of fighters you grew up watching or towards the 'old timers.'

There is no criteria for 'the best' it is opinion brother.
                      That is the reason H2H/ability rankings don't make sense.

Say for example, I state that Jim Jeffries is the GOAT at HW as I don't feel anyone would ever beat him. That's purely subjective and cannot be "disproven". Ranking fighters overall via this method is usually just a get out of jail card for people who haven't studied resumes a great deal and don't want to.
                      Last edited by Barn; 08-25-2012, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X