Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would a prime Frank Bruno do in today's HW scene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I wanted to say he was a very strong man but not to skillful.

Comment

he would be a fringe contender. he had solid power & skill but questionable stamina & average chin. he had a tendency to shoe shine & it got him in trouble a few times especially against lennox lewis. he only got beat by former world champions. bruno drew some big crowds in england(40000 vs witherspoon). i would put him in the top 15 somewhere today. he would be in the mix but there are a few HWs i think would give him problems.
      he got too big by the end of his career. he was too muscular & it slowed him down. his signature win was over oliver mccall. he lost to bonecrusher, witherspoon, tyson twice & lennox & there is no shame in that.
      Last edited by joe strong; 03-30-2013, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
        Funnily enough there is not a decent Frank Bruno highlights video on Youtube.
        i posted over 30 of his fights in my HW thread

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          He was a bad holder and hitter and wrestler and mauler. He got away with it in England so he could easily win a belt there. He would have a harder time getting away with those tatics outside of the UK. He was a very strong but not very skillful. He could probably beat a weak champion but Wlad would KO him because he was so easy to hit. He would be one of the best in the UK. and he would be a top 10 contender and probably win an easy belt.
          he got knocked out in england a few times...

Comment

Bruno did seem to have a wide-open defense, at least in that video...

Comment

i think he loses to the klitschkos, haye, adamek and cunningham. possibly jennings and fury too but it remains to be seen how good those guys really are. everyone else he beats though.

i never thought highly of bruno, kind of a HW ricky hatton who gets way too much credit just because ppl like him.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                prime Bruno was when he matured and learnt to not panic and fear opponents.

He would destroy most of the HWs of today except those with granite chins, perhaps Vitali would last the distance. Bruno would emphatically knock out Wlad as soon as he engaged, but lets be honest Wlad would wait till Bruno was at least 40 before offering him a fight so he could run from him and outgass him.

too much detail there. not that kind of thread.
                Lets be honest, you are troll

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  i think he loses to the klitschkos, haye, adamek and cunningham. possibly jennings and fury too but it remains to be seen how good those guys really are. everyone else he beats though.

i never thought highly of bruno, kind of a HW ricky hatton who gets way too much credit just because ppl like him.
                  I sign this, spot on!

Comment

Working...
                  X