• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koji mizuhara View Post
    Naoya Inoue
    Yukinori Oguni
    Shuhei Tsuchiya
    They are promising prospects of Japan, especially Inoue.
    In regards to the Japanese fighters it's probably worth adding Yohei Tobe, Kenji Kuba and as someone else has already said, Ryosuke Iwasa. In fact Japan alone has a lost of 10 or 20 I think we could mention.

A few that are worth keeping an eye out on over the next few years:

Brian Carlos Castano (2-0, 2) a former Argentinian national champion who fights this weekend against Pablo Martin Roldan (9-1-1). Lovely body puncher. A bit of a profile on him can be read here (and it includes a clip of him)

Jomthong Chuwatana (4-0, 3) is a former stand out Muay Thai fighter who is really starting to get traction in his boxing career. Was taken the distance by Ranel Suco last time out but is aggressive, tough and being very aggressively matched, don't be surprised if he faces a top 15 opponent this year.

Kiril Relihk (11-0, 9) is a Belorussian Light Welterweight who is perhaps the best active Belorussian at the moment. Although he had a solid amateur background he appears to be more suited to the professional side of the sport and combines lovely bursts of punches with genuinely hurtful power. A clip and profile can be found here.

Joel Diaz (11-0, 10) looks like a PPV star in the making with power, heart and aggression. Although he was dropped by Guy Robb (in a forgotten 2012 classic) he got up and beat Robb, inflicting the first loss of Robb's career. Going to be very, very fun to watch this kid develop.

Camilo Perez (8-0, 4) for my money the best Puerto Rican prospect out there with sublime skills, an under-rated sense of distance and timing and despite being just 22 years old he has that innate patience about him that we rarely see in prospects. Don't be shocked by just how good he is.

Claudio Marrero (14-0, 11) is one of those rare fighters who just looks so good from the moment you see him that you want to see more of him. Skilled, lovely fast hands, amazing combinations, there is something special about this kid.

Hopefully that'll do for now

Comment

Also John Karl Sosa (4-0, 4) looks a classy fighter as well

Comment

Demetrius Andrade

When you look at his frame and weight class it screams outside fighter and that is exactly how he fights operating behind a nice jab. He also sets up his shots and gets nice leverage on them using his length to the fullest. Now add to that he is a southpaw.

If this guy can put it all together, there is no one in history that wants to fight a man with such attributes by choice. He will never be the most exciting guy because it is just going to be hard for guys to even get at him but he has a chance to put a very long quality run together from 154 to 168.

Comment

I have very high expectation for Jesse Magdaleno. I just discovered him recently and watched his last 5 fights. I immediatly jumped on the bandwagon.
          That kid is great to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
            I think will have a break out year is

Mikey Garcia
            Gary Russell
            jose benevidez
            Words right out of my mouth.

Comment

Not a easy question noted by the same O names above. I will say that I expect a lot from Ward, Mathyssee, Donaire, Rigo, Broner, Canelo, Brooks, Wilder and Mikey,

Comment

Kal Yafai!! I'm also hoping Gary Russell has a better year.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                  Kal Yafai!! I'm also hoping Gary Russell has a better year.
                  What you think of Yafai's last night?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    What you think of Yafai's last night?
                    Slightly disappointed but you can't always have it easy. I'm hoping it was a good learning experience. Took him a couple of rounds to get started. What did you make of his hand injury? I hope he doesn't have hand problems this early in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                      Slightly disappointed but you can't always have it easy. I'm hoping it was a good learning experience. Took him a couple of rounds to get started. What did you make of his hand injury? I hope he doesn't have hand problems this early in his career.
                      I wasn't too impressed either but it seems he has a lot of exposure very early and enormous pressure. So he has a magnifying glass on him during his learning years which most don't have.

I think he looks good though.

I wasn't aware he had a hand injury. Perhaps it was an excuse? Who knows. Let's hope it isn't a re-occurring injury.

Comment

Working...
                      X